Bristleworm confirmations?

turk00111

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everybody!

Long time lurker first time poster! Some how in my 5+ years of having a saltwater tank (1 years reef), i have never had a bristle worm nor saw a bristle worm.

However that all changed about a month ago.

I am just looking for confirmation that this is indeed bristle worms. I have read up and and become knowledgeable about the benefits of having them and if confirmed they are bristle worms I plan to keep them as part of my cleanup crew! (They populate so quickly!)

I have attached some photos of the ones I just removed from my remote chaeto reactor.

IMG_0566.jpeg IMG_0565.jpeg IMG_0555.jpeg IMG_0562.jpeg IMG_0563.jpeg IMG_0558.jpeg IMG_0559.jpeg IMG_0560.jpeg IMG_0557.jpeg

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everybody!

Long time lurker first time poster! Some how in my 5+ years of having a saltwater tank (1 years reef), i have never had a bristle worm nor saw a bristle worm.

However that all changed about a month ago.

I am just looking for confirmation that this is indeed bristle worms. I have read up and and become knowledgeable about the benefits of having them and if confirmed they are bristle worms I plan to keep them as part of my cleanup crew! (They populate so quickly!)

I have attached some photos of the ones I just removed from my remote chaeto reactor.

IMG_0566.jpeg IMG_0565.jpeg IMG_0555.jpeg IMG_0562.jpeg IMG_0563.jpeg IMG_0558.jpeg IMG_0559.jpeg IMG_0560.jpeg IMG_0557.jpeg
Yup, those are indeed bristle worms.

Upvote 0

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh i know they do, but my mind likes to wander. Who knows I may have some weird rare worm infestation that looks like A but it’s actually B.
I think you are good, I actually bought some for my tank. I’ll help with any further worm identification. Fire worms taste like Tabasco sauce, spaghetti worms taste like, well you know, spaghetti and peanut worms taste like, again you know, peanuts. Happy reefing!

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back