Bora Bora / Tahiti honeymoon help!!

Fatmike92

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright so we have finally decided we are going to go to either Bora Bora or Tahiti

We are going to stay in one of the over water bungalows!

Can you guys share your experiences if you have been there or have any suggestions?

We like Tahiti because there seems to be more to do and explore. Like waterfalls and markets and stuff. Where as bora bora is pretty much just the diving and fishing and relaxation. Which is fine with me! But the fiancé likes to explore

ohio reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not gone to either but I know people who have been to both. They said bora bora was the most calm, and relaxing place they've ever been. They said it's mainly for those just trying to escape for a little. They said Tahiti is the most fun vacation they have ever been on. There are things to do around every corner, and the food is amazing. They said the people of Tahiti were more helpful and genuinely cared about you, while the workers are bora bora are exactly that. Workers. The people in Tahiti seem more personal and friendly. Both are amazing and regardless you'll have the best time of your life.

ohio reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh and STAY ON THE RESORT! Can't stress this enough! If you want to explore book through your resort. You have to be careful.

OP
OP
Fatmike92

Fatmike92

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Ya we definitely wouldn't do any self exploring in random places. I really like Tahiti because of everything there is to do. But how do you pass up bora bora

ohio reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Ya we definitely wouldn't do any self exploring in random places. I really like Tahiti because of everything there is to do. But how do you pass up bora bora

I know hahaha. Bora bora looks like the most amazing place in the world. It's like choosing between a Red Ferrari and a yellow Ferrari. Either way you get a Ferrari lol

ReefKeeper09

Clownfish Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've spent time in Bora Bora! Truly Beautiful! I personally wouldn't trade it for anything! Loved every moment. Though, as you've stated. . . Either one is GREAT! I can't speak for Tahiti, though I'm sure it's nice.

Servo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've gone to both. Tahiti is AWEFUL!!! Dumpy Dumpy Dumpy. I would spend a couple of days in Bora Bora and then Do Rangiroa or Morea. I've gone to Bora Bora twice now and probably would go again. Here is a thread from a friend of mine DFW Marine Aquarium Society ? View topic - Blide Honeymoon

I would be more than happy to talk to you about it if you are interested. I'm sure my wife wouldn't mind talking to your wife as well. The first time we went, we went alone (2005) while we returned in 2012. I'm itching to return. We stayed at the hotel intercontinental the first time (Older resort) and the snorkeling off of the room was UNBELIEVABLE! IN 2012 we stayed at the Four Seasons and brought our young children and had an incredible experience. It aint cheap, but it will give your priceless memories to cherish. PM me if you want to discuss offline. Too much to type.

55g

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife and I honeymooned in Bora-Bora 15yrs. ago. Stayed at the Black Pearl Resort; simply beautiful. One note, we stayed in a bungalow over the water. Around dusk, giant crabs would come out and attack the bungalows on land. We had no issues above the water.

OP
OP
Fatmike92

Fatmike92

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that doesn't help me lax!

Dang that looks awesome tuna!

We decide bora bora for sure! No Tahiti

tuna_bullet

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its so sweet everything swimming off your steps from puffers to morish idols...we had a lemon shark one morning swim by and giant rays every night....we fished off the porch and had a blast

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 38 19.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 144 74.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.6%
Back