Borbonius anthia tank size

coralreefer123

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 9, 2021
Messages
142
Reaction score
40
Location
NC
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can someone please explain why the borbonius (blotched) anthia specifically needs a large tank size? I understand why other anthia species, need larger tanks as some can do best in groups and are active swimmers. Based on what I can find online, the borbonius typically hides in live rock and caves, so why the large tank?

I wanted to get a trio or maybe just two to try and pair in a “borbonius only” tank with liverock only and low lighting. Can two juveniles be in a smaller set up long term if it’s just them and they are cave dwellers? Thank you
 
Got answers in another post. Please close
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new