Boring Worm on Goni

Raintree Aquatics

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 5, 2020
Messages
120
Reaction score
44
Location
Folsom, LA
What state or country do you live in
Louisiana
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wanted to post this just for everyone's knowledge. One of my Goni colonies stopped opening 2 weeks ago with all the others, just fine. So, I read an article about worms boring into the skeleton at the bottom of the base and I decided to take a look. Well sure enough there was a large worm that was alive in the base and had dug a very large hole into it. There were also some bristle worms on the colony.

So just a heads up if you have any gonis acting in this nature pull it out and take a look before you start to think it's your water parameters as I did. Would love to hear other experiences with this sort of thing.
 
Wanted to post this just for everyone's knowledge. One of my Goni colonies stopped opening 2 weeks ago with all the others, just fine. So, I read an article about worms boring into the skeleton at the bottom of the base and I decided to take a look. Well sure enough there was a large worm that was alive in the base and had dug a very large hole into it. There were also some bristle worms on the colony.

So just a heads up if you have any gonis acting in this nature pull it out and take a look before you start to think it's your water parameters as I did. Would love to hear other experiences with this sort of thing.
I just used a dremel to remove two boring mussels from a button scoly. It’s suddenly opening much more than it has since I got it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new