Borneman Anemone...beautiful creature!

Leslie Tabor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Why don't more people keep these?! This is my new one from Fishnreef...absolute beautiful animal. 20160917_122443.jpg 20160917_113931.jpg I love the speckled column. Hopefully she likes the spot I picked out for her!!! (all nems are female in my world lol...too pretty to be boys!) ;):D

RAP
OP
Leslie Tabor

Leslie Tabor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
It looks like what people call a rock flower anemone. If that is the same type of anemone, then many people keep them.
That is what I have been trying to figure out! Some things I read say they are some say they are different...I dont care either way, I just love her! ♡

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Looks like a variety of Actinodendron plumosum, they pack an extremely potent sting.

erk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Looks like a variety of Actinodendron plumosum, they pack an extremely potent sting.

I don't believe it is the Hell's Fire Anemone. The column of the Hell's Fire Anemone has no spots or stripes. The tentacles are also far more "fluffy" for lack of a better word.

Click to watch best scape method in 5 easy steps!

SantaMonicaHelp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Why don't more people keep these?!
Well quite honestly I never knew they existed until I read your post. They are quite beautiful, but I have also seen other members on this forum with similar looking anemones. It might just be a labeling dilemma.

- C. Smith

AS
Avast

BostonReefer300

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
The only clowns I have that'll host are dirt cheap skunk clowns. Can't get them out of the anemones except at feeding time. Will my classic ocellaris clowns host a nem? Nope. If I have to answer one more little kid's question as to why the Nemo fish don't live in an anemone, I'm going to drown a little kid. Will the expensive designer clowns I got for my daughter host a nem? Nope. But they host the power cord for the nero powerhead just fine.

What is the best "cleaning product" or home recipe for cleaning reef tank equipment?

• Water and scrubbing

Votes: 67 13.2%
  • Citric Acid

Votes: 243 48.0%
  • Vinegar

Votes: 160 31.6%
  • Hydrogen peroxide

Votes: 15 3.0%
  • Lemon Juice

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 20 4.0%