Boston Reefers Event

chriskid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been asked to post this event in our forum. This looks pretty awesome! Please be considerate of the clubs wishes if you do decide to go and respect their policy of no frag swapping at this event :)

It will be free for members of BRS ($20 a year for single members or $25 a year for family memberships) or $10 at the door for non-members.

BRS2014AuctionHeaderFinal3333331_zps1941dc66.jpg

Hello CTARS members, it's that time of year again! That's right, its auction time!

We are looking for donations for this event.

Livestock Donations:
It's time to dig deep into your frag collection and find the unusual stuff that will generate a lot of interest at auction. Corals, fish, or invertebrates will all be accepted, but please make sure what you donate is something that there will be a market for. Large and/or non-reef-safe fish and some types of invertebrates might not sell well.

Equipment Donations:
New or used reef equipment will be accepted. We do limit this to hobby related equipment since we are a reef club after all. If possible please try to clean up the equipment to make it presentable, and make sure you supply accurate information about the equipment (ie. needs new pump, runs fine, tank leaks but...).

We have an auction forum set up here that includes photographs and descriptions of each item that will be at auction. Do keep in mind that many donations are also received day of the auction so mark your calendars to be there. Saturday April 5th, 2014

Please send your donation info and photos (photos not required but VERY helpful!) to [email protected]
Please include in the email...

Your Full Name
Username
Item donated including the name of the item and how many heads/polyps
Photo of the item (again, not required, but HUGE bonus, you know we all love pictures!!)

Deadline to donate: Thursday April 3rd as we would like to have some kind of auction program generated in advance.

Thanks to all in advance! This auction is one of the most important events for the club and is sure to be a great time as always. Also, if you are unable to attend the meeting but would still like to donate we will have some volunteers that will be able to pick up donations as well. If you need your donation picked-up please let us know when submitting your donation.

What are you still doing reading...time to start fragging!!

OP
OP
chriskid

chriskid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone up for a visit to boston reefers?

sassAwrasse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We were thinking about going if I get the day off from work.

Anyone want to carpool if we do go?

Last edited:

Munchie1976

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chris and I went to this event today and all I can say is wow! What an awesome event! We spent six hours in a room full of great people bidding on some amazing coral, fish and equipment.

Definitely a trip worth making next year for anyone who thought about going this year and and even for those who didn't
biggrin.gif
We'll be putting it on our list of things to do every year like the FFM from now on.

My pictures don't do the event justice but, they had everything running very nicely with a computer system to handle all the bidding that was taking place and pictures on the screen to go with each item (for the most part).

Even came with pizza halfway through
xyxthumbs.gif

unnamed1_zps8658dccd.jpg

unnamed_zpsbf34d755.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 37 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back