Bottom drilled tank for a Sump

  • Thread starter Thread starter LetItReef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

LetItReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
May 29, 2014
Messages
2,921
Reaction score
1,434
Location
San Diego, CA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Are bottom drilled tanks more fragile compare to back drilled tanks? Thanks!
 
If they're drilled correctly and no other structural damage, I would say no diiference
 
I am just thinking all the weight are on the bottom of the tank ,that's why I think it is more fragile.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new