Bottom placement SPS?

  • Thread starter Thread starter CKI
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

CKI

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 28, 2013
Messages
492
Reaction score
37
Location
Delaware
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So now that i got my nitrate issue taken care of i am ready to take the plundge with SPS again. What are some SPS that i could place lower in my tank?

Lighting 2 Reef Radiance Lumentek 120 LEDs
 
Some monti's rquire moderate lighting and I believe pectinias can go low too but maybe not too low depending on the depth of your tank and your lighting
 
I just have a standard 75 gallon so 21" high. Running 132 total watts of LED's (Each unit 44x3watts)
 
Pavona and Leptoseris are also quite light adaptable. True Deepwater Acros can do great under moderate light and moderate-high flow. Some of the smaller polyp 'LPS' would do well such as Cyphastrea and Leptastrea.
 
It depends how much par you getting at the bottom of your tank. I get 220-280 and can grow any acro frag on my sand bed. Somebody with only 20 par on their sand can not.
 
It depends how much par you getting at the bottom of your tank. I get 220-280 and can grow any acro frag on my sand bed. Somebody with only 20 par on their sand can not.

I wish I knew someone with a par meter ... sure would make my life easier!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new