OP
OP
S

shrive81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep us updated. Fingers crossed that you can control it. There is a product called polyp lab medic, I’ve never used it, but it is a peroxide salt that *could* possibly help manage it, at least in theory it will....
Jay
Thanks I will look up the medication and see what I can do it’s unfortunate I really paid extra money to try and stop this but got bit still.... will hope for the best and do what I can to prevent anything else I can within my ability and budget

kartrsu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m no expert but from the ich thread, trophonts feed 3-7 days whereas velvet much faster. The spot is the mucus accumulation. If it’s falling off in a day, I would be concerned it’s velvet. Not sure if you noticed it late, but if you saw spots all start one day and then fall off the next, it sounds more like velvet. Any swimming towards power heads?

OP
OP
S

shrive81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m no expert but from the ich thread, trophonts feed 3-7 days whereas velvet much faster. The spot is the mucus accumulation. If it’s falling off in a day, I would be concerned it’s velvet. Not sure if you noticed it late, but if you saw spots all start one day and then fall off the next, it sounds more like velvet. Any swimming towards power heads?
no the fish is acting normal and we call him dumb dumb cause he sleeps in his little cave area at night upside down like usual hahahaha its kinda funny.

OP
OP
S

shrive81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seriously though he sleeps like this in this same spot every night haahahahahahaha

Attachments

• BE14D520-ADD7-49BA-ABF3-EEA412E804CB.jpeg
    BE14D520-ADD7-49BA-ABF3-EEA412E804CB.jpeg
    190.8 KB · Views: 26

ReefHog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a couple thoughts. You can get a cheap Rubbermaid type plastic storage bin from a big box store for QT and just place it in a corner somewhere if your hurting for room. It is unclear if you added new coral or rock during or after your QTd fish. Parasites absolutely can come in on those. I hear all the time that "our fish are quarantined and safe" I'm not saying your supplier's were not. But a quarantined fish does not mean it is parasite or disease free. QT could be just observation for a certain period of time. Many LFS keep all their fish in a sub therapeutic copper which is just enough to prevent outbreaks but not enough to totally eradicate parasites. IMO most if not all LFS do not have the ability to properly prophylacticly treat fish as there is way too much chance of cross contamination. If you decide to go the UV route, it will have to be a UV capable of level 2 sterilization for your sized aquarium, not a cheap eBay or amazon UV for clarification. Research before you buy.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 28 22.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 89 71.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.0%
Back