Bought this beautiful urchin today

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 30, 2020
Messages
1,173
Reaction score
826
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. Today my lfs had a shipment coke in from Sri Lanka and to add to my collection of urchins. We got this pink collector which my daughter loves (obviously) parameters very similar to the lfs did a 2 hours drip and he’s in our invert qt tank. Enjoy

711B080C-991C-4619-B79C-C4661EFDCC37.jpeg
 
Yes. That why I supplement them. Clam oyster scallop and nori. They seem to really enjoy it
 
I also put nori out for them. Just found hilari seaweed extreme pellets. When the urchin is at the top of the tank I put a pellet in his tentacles. He will bring it toward his mouth and chomp. Seems to work well. Only reason why I do this is because I’m one system alone I have 2 sea stars and 4 urchins
 
Got coralline? They love coralline, it's like candy to them.

The three in my tank(2 tuxedos, and a short spine pincushion) keep my system pretty much devoid of coralline, even though I can grow it without issues. You can always tell where they have been the previous night by the trail of eaten coralline.

I have one that looks exactly like yours. Short spin pin cushion, hates the light, and hides during the day when my lights are on. If it can't find a spot to hide, it will pickup whatever isn't glued down.

They love nori too! When mine are near the rim of the tank on the glass, I will fold up a piece of nori and slide it between them and the glass. They munch it down rather quickly.
 
Got coralline? They love coralline, it's like candy to them.

The three in my tank(2 tuxedos, and a short spine pincushion) keep my system pretty much devoid of coralline, even though I can grow it without issues. You can always tell where they have been the previous night by the trail of eaten coralline.

I have one that looks exactly like yours. Short spin pin cushion, hates the light, and hides during the day when my lights are on. If it can't find a spot to hide, it will pickup whatever isn't glued down.

They love nori too! When mine are near the rim of the tank on the glass, I will fold up a piece of nori and slide it between them and the glass. They munch it down rather quickly.
Great advice. She hides heat the top as well to stay away from the light. I give nori and also she took seaweed pellets yesterday.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new