Bought this beautiful urchin today

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. Today my lfs had a shipment coke in from Sri Lanka and to add to my collection of urchins. We got this pink collector which my daughter loves (obviously) parameters very similar to the lfs did a 2 hours drip and he’s in our invert qt tank. Enjoy

711B080C-991C-4619-B79C-C4661EFDCC37.jpeg

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! My LFS had a couple but they weren’t looking good (their urchins never do)

OP
OP
Rickybobby

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. That why I supplement them. Clam oyster scallop and nori. They seem to really enjoy it

OP
OP
Rickybobby

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also put nori out for them. Just found hilari seaweed extreme pellets. When the urchin is at the top of the tank I put a pellet in his tentacles. He will bring it toward his mouth and chomp. Seems to work well. Only reason why I do this is because I’m one system alone I have 2 sea stars and 4 urchins

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got coralline? They love coralline, it's like candy to them.

The three in my tank(2 tuxedos, and a short spine pincushion) keep my system pretty much devoid of coralline, even though I can grow it without issues. You can always tell where they have been the previous night by the trail of eaten coralline.

I have one that looks exactly like yours. Short spin pin cushion, hates the light, and hides during the day when my lights are on. If it can't find a spot to hide, it will pickup whatever isn't glued down.

They love nori too! When mine are near the rim of the tank on the glass, I will fold up a piece of nori and slide it between them and the glass. They munch it down rather quickly.

OP
OP
Rickybobby

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got coralline? They love coralline, it's like candy to them.

The three in my tank(2 tuxedos, and a short spine pincushion) keep my system pretty much devoid of coralline, even though I can grow it without issues. You can always tell where they have been the previous night by the trail of eaten coralline.

I have one that looks exactly like yours. Short spin pin cushion, hates the light, and hides during the day when my lights are on. If it can't find a spot to hide, it will pickup whatever isn't glued down.

They love nori too! When mine are near the rim of the tank on the glass, I will fold up a piece of nori and slide it between them and the glass. They munch it down rather quickly.
Great advice. She hides heat the top as well to stay away from the light. I give nori and also she took seaweed pellets yesterday.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 37 54.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 37 54.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • None.

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.8%
Back