Bounce help

Topreefer92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All!

So I picked up this Sunkist bounce mushroom a few months back and have not had any issues with it from that time until now i am seeing this lighten in color. I do use aptasia x to treat my aptasia in the tank so I am wondering if some of it drifted on to that shroom. It is getting 100 par at the bottom of the tank, nitrates are <10 and phosphates are probably around .010 from when i tested yesterday. Any ideas what is going on here?
Resized_20200714_161202.jpg

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It definitely could be a burn from the Aptasia-X. I've had it happen before and it looked just like that. Any time it has happened to my corals, they've recovered fairly quickly.

OP
OP
Topreefer92

Topreefer92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It definitely could be a burn from the Aptasia-X. I've had it happen before and it looked just like that. Any time it has happened to my corals, they've recovered fairly quickly.

Ahh ok that makes me feel better, I have had them regenerate quickly as well. Just wanted to be sure! I will place a bottle over these guys next time so this doesn't happen. Out of all the corals in my tank it settles in one of the more pricey ones lol! Thanks Auquanut!

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with the aptasia x comment. Mushrooms are hearty little buggers it'll bounce back. Let us know if it gets worse though any maybe for the time being move it to somewhere safer.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 34.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 13.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 28 32.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 15 17.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back