Bounce Mushroom ID help

Avidanthias

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was sold this mushroom and was told it was a Sunkist bounce mushroom but it’s not looking like one to me. The first picture is a picture I took, and the second is the picture the seller sent me before he sold me the mushroom.
7ECB74F8-A6C6-47A5-AD78-E32BD7197FB4.png
B3EC4300-411E-4DB5-B766-D7DD10F57280.png

OP
OP
A

Avidanthias

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those two look different from each other.
That’s what saying, they don’t even look similar. Do you know what type of mushroom this would be if it’s not a Sunkist bounce? I’m hoping I didn’t pay 70 dollars for a fake bounce

Evan28395950

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s what saying, they don’t even look similar. Do you know what type of mushroom this would be if it’s not a Sunkist bounce? I’m hoping I didn’t pay 70 dollars for a fake bounce
Not exactly sure on the name, but it is bouncing. Probably just a lower end bounce.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For $70 it’s still a cool mushroom.

OP
OP
A

Avidanthias

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[/QUOTEd
is there any way this could be a Sunkist bounce? If not I’m asking for my money back or an actual Sunkist. There’s no orange or green on the shroom but don’t know if it will develop color in the future.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure. Time will tell. Fwiw I’m not a huge Sunkist bounce fan but I do actually really like the mushroom you have haha.

OP
OP
A

Avidanthias

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update, buyer said he is certain it is a Sunkist bounce and he is well known in my local reef-keeping group and has sold them to hundreds of people. If this is a Sunkist, does it look healthy? Do I need to do anything to get the oranges and green on the mushroom? All my other coral is doing great and my parameters are in check.

Evan28395950

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update, buyer said he is certain it is a Sunkist bounce and he is well known in my local reef-keeping group and has sold them to hundreds of people. If this is a Sunkist, does it look healthy? Do I need to do anything to get the oranges and green on the mushroom? All my other coral is doing great and my parameters are in check.
Very odd. Nothing you can do really to affect the bubble’s color.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 35.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 30.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.0%
Back