Neon Ironman Mushroom

williamCreery

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I have a question… I have a local reef store that’s reached to me off of a picture and wants to buy one mushroom off of me due to its rarity and market value sky rocketing…

I’m looking everyone online to find my coral and can’t even find one… and if I do it either the regular neon orange mushrooms that are valued at almost $70 EACH (sold out) and Ironman mushrooms at $100 Each (sold out).

Can’t tell weather I should have a high price cuz I do indeed have the only one without any buying sold over the internet?

What would you guys say on price??

Also I have amazing parameters and over the past 5 years they have only split 4 times… so I only have 4!!! And seems to me they are hard and slow to multiply?
IMG_2430.jpeg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
BUMP!

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean, Ironman Discosomas aren't rare at all, are they? I see them come and go pretty regularly, usually in the $50 range. Here's one example:

OP
OP
williamCreery

williamCreery

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean, Ironman Discosomas aren't rare at all, are they? I see them come and go pretty regularly, usually in the $50 range. Here's one example:

I ended up selling one for $115 (they offered $100 walk in) double checked.
It’s a “neon Ironman mushroom”.
From the info I got from the LFS it’s surprisingly both a neon and Ironman together!?? They told me something about it being actually rare!? No clue. I did get an explanation from them.. it’s due to it’s color, smooth body and small bumps on the very outer edges? I looked closer at the image and I did see and noticed the small bumbs on the very lip of the mushroom as they explained to me.
I did give them my biggest one that measured about 4inch cuz it was the only one easy off the rock!

Last edited:

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up selling one for $115 (they offered $100 walk in) double checked.
It’s a “neon Ironman mushroom”.
From the info I got from the LFS it’s surprisingly both a neon and Ironman together!?? They told me something about it being actually rare!? No clue. I did get an explanation from them.. it’s due to it’s color, smooth body and small bumps on the very outer edges? I looked closer at the image and I did see and noticed the small bumbs on the very lip of the mushroom as they explained to me.
I did give them my biggest one that measured about 4inch cuz it was the only one easy off the rock!

Huh. I guess I need one now too. :D

I collect Jawbreakers and other cool/rare discosomas.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 114 58.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back