Bounce mushrooms finally grew

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well after several months, my bounce mushrooms have finally started to grow. The names listed are what they were bought as but I’m curious if there’s any other name? Anyway just a quick show off:

First up: Nuclear Shock Bounce
50C1F5CE-F9F7-4B72-A30F-277814BCE73C.jpeg

2F26F08C-3205-44C8-B995-652417E0684B.jpeg

Second Up: Solar Eclipse Bounce
0C50D270-1392-4686-A323-2125ED43F90B.jpeg
E21072CF-4201-4F82-BB0E-61E3DD9C5D4E.jpeg
3802BF52-E19B-4860-B8F9-7D624CA9FD6D.jpeg

Thanks for looking!

Edit: Just realized I posted this is the RD forum and not Mushroom Forum. My bad

OP
OP
Reefing102

Reefing102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Those pics are pure blue led and strictly 10k halide

OP
OP
Reefing102

Reefing102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say they are a bit slower. My brown/green discos (brown under 10k but glow green under blues) reproduce like rabbits. These, the three larger solar eclipse are the originals with the 2 babies being produced over a few months. But I would imagine as tank parameters stabilize they should take off. They’re in my frag/coral quarantine tank as I didn’t want my coral beauty (RIP) to pick at them too much

OP
OP
Reefing102

Reefing102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought them at Rivers To Reefs in Columbus Ohio. He said they came from Australia but wasn’t certain on the name. Purchased in May of this year.

Is the Earl bounce the one in your avatar @Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought them at Rivers To Reefs in Columbus Ohio. He said they came from Australia but wasn’t certain on the name. Purchased in May of this year.

Great info thanks.

Yes Earl is a cheeky name we call the rock covered in green bounced Rhodis.

What sort of par and light schedule are you running them under?

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Super similar to the Earl bounce. I have pictures that look almost identical depending which light they are in.
I wonder if lineage isn't getting mixed up a bit between the purple and greens. I know the Earl goes back quite awhile.

OP
OP
Reefing102

Reefing102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly have no idea on par.

The blue LEDs are cheap light bars from Amazon just for color pop.

The actual lighting that likely feeds them is a 10k 150watt HQI metal halide mounted approximately 18 inches above a 10 gallon tank in a no name reflector (bought it used for $10 bucks) run on a dimmable ballast. The halide is on approximately 8-12 hours a day (no timer so it depends when I go down stairs and turn it on and off)

OP
OP
Reefing102

Reefing102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super similar to the Earl bounce. I have pictures that look almost identical depending which light they are in.
I wonder if lineage isn't getting mixed up a bit between the purple and greens. I know the Earl goes back quite awhile.
It’s quite possible. I know he definitely wasn’t 100% sure on the name, so they may be Earls. While he sells a lot of saltwater, he’s not big on the name game generally

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s quite possible. I know he definitely wasn’t 100% sure on the name, so they may be Earls. While he sells a lot of saltwater, he’s not big on the name game generally
Totally get that. One of my lfs is sitting on most of the named bounces but they don't buy them with names. They get them from wholesaler in cali and half the time the species are incorrect.
It is highly possible that Nuclear Shock or some variation of that may be the actual name for them.
Very cool find for sure.
Seeing more and more shrooms absoloutely blowing up in that 10-14k range.

OP
OP
Reefing102

Reefing102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the only one locally that gets bounces, I have seen. Others won’t get them cause the markets not there

I’m getting ready (next few weeks) to frag the smallest ones off. Never fragged a shroom off rock before so will be a learning curve.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the only one locally that gets bounces, I have seen. Others won’t get them cause the markets not there

I’m getting ready (next few weeks) to frag the smallest ones off. Never fragged a shroom off rock before so will be a learning curve.
Sharpest chisel you can find usually makes removing them quick work. I wouldnt cut or frag them if you can help it.
Seeing alot of my lfs really starting to gear up on the mushroom craze haha Bit late if you ask me. I'm taking advantage every chance I get before they get hip to the game.

OP
OP
Reefing102

Reefing102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sharpest chisel you can find usually makes removing them quick work. I wouldnt cut or frag them if you can help it.
Seeing alot of my lfs really starting to gear up on the mushroom craze haha Bit late if you ask me. I'm taking advantage every chance I get before they get hip to the game.
Lol no kidding. Only reason I bought these is because he was incredibly reasonably priced (for a bounce that is)

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol no kidding. Only reason I bought these is because he was incredibly reasonably priced (for a bounce that is)
Just don't let the secret out lol.
But yeah on a real note i feel like the wholesalers have been collecting and hoarding the good stuff all along. Super nice old aquaculture genes. As well as bringing the new. My one lfs has rocks full of raunchy reds, biohazard, uranium, plutonium, super man yumas. All kinds of stuff. They don't know the names or care to list them with names. Most are on 50-75-100 dollar racks. Rocks full of shrooms sometimes lol

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 140 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back