Bozo's

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 5 polyp frag fir sure. They are on the small side for polyps. Dont know why but after fraging all big polyps melted a month or two later, but the small ones stayed. Grew more bur never got full size again. That was about 7 months ago

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry to report i ended up loosing mine. Had an outbreak of majano. Lost the bozo, 25polyp of gmk, homewrecker and some other sps. Setting up a 1200g system now which will also have a 3month long coral qt before anything goes into it.

ChasenRay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry to report i ended up loosing mine. Had an outbreak of majano. Lost the bozo, 25polyp of gmk, homewrecker and some other sps. Setting up a 1200g system now which will also have a 3month long coral qt before anything goes into it.
That is horrible! Sorry to hear that...

305Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tbreak of majano. Lost the bozo, 25polyp of gmk, homewrecker and some other sps. Setting up a 1200g system now which will also have a 3month long coral qt before anything g

Ugh that sucks. Sorry to hear man.

I know that feeling all to well.. I lost everything in this tank including the huge bozo colonies so I know exactly how bad that hurts.

Davis Hill

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh that sucks. Sorry to hear man.

I know that feeling all to well.. I lost everything in this tank including the huge bozo colonies so I know exactly how bad that hurts.

Oh man, what happened that you lost everything?

305Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not really sure. I think some sort of contaminated water went thru my RODI. It affected this tank plus 3 others. All of them started growing uncontrollable algae I couldn’t get in check. TDS was 35PPM on the rodi. I didn’t notice because the inline meter said 0 and the resin didn’t change colors.

Davis Hill

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not really sure. I think some sort of contaminated water went thru my RODI. It affected this tank plus 3 others. All of them started growing uncontrollable algae I couldn’t get in check. TDS was 35PPM on the rodi. I didn’t notice because the inline meter said 0 and the resin didn’t change colors.
Geez, what a tragedy.

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Slowly melted. I think they are like strats,need fragged under water
Oh! I have frags of strats coming too! I never heard of fragging underwater but dont want to loose my prize bozo's! Thanks for sharing! Sorry that happened! That really sucks! Corals are almost like our animals! It hurts when they die! Not nearly as much but its still upsetting!

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh! I have frags of strats coming too! I never heard of fragging underwater but dont want to loose my prize bozo's! Thanks for sharing! Sorry that happened! That really sucks! Corals are almost like our animals! It hurts when they die! Not nearly as much but its still upsetting!
Let me know if you grow the bozo out and successfully frag them. I'd like to get them again

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me know if you grow the bozo out and successfully frag them. I'd like to get them again
Sure thing! I have the big r ones!
Insane frag tank! Love it! I actually think I watched this on youtube before! Is it posted there? I live in fl and you have quite a few I would be interested in, mostly high end. Are you selling any of them? I live in Lutz near Tampa!

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure thing! I have the big r ones!

Insane frag tank! Love it! I actually think I watched this on youtube before! Is it posted there? I live in fl and you have quite a few I would be interested in, mostly high end. Are you selling any of them? I live in Lutz near Tampa!
Yes mine were big R as well directly from them.

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay, so I got mine in and luckily they survived the 2 day shipping delay! I have them acclimating at the bottom of tank. I am starting to feel I got ripped and am about to replace them. The tentacles look like shooters pic(sorry) but not very colorful! Its a dull purple and short almost colorless tentacles. I dont see the rainbow striping!

Could this be because of the shipping delay? Did all of your come in after shipping with all the rainbow colors? I have only had it about 6 days. It opened immediately so it didint seem the delayed shipping got to it!

Attaching a pic of what they were supposed to be! The auction wasnt a wysiwyg so even though this person has 10 years of good feedback maybe he lied! He never takes the time to sell wysiwyg though because he is always selling the same stuff! I dont see them anywhere else he could have got these pics from if not taken himself before they were fragged because I don't see them online anywhere!

I also found another person selling them too! Are any of you selling them?
One more question Do you need a macro shot with blues to see all those colors? am I being to hasty and should I i wait? if so what should I do to get those gorgeous colors? Right now its the ugliest zoa in my tank!

first pic is what I was suppose to receive second is one I may buy. I'll try to get my hubby to take a pic of what I have when blues come on! I dont know how to download pics to here from my camera! LOL

Attachments

• bozo.jpg
    bozo.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 39
  • bozos.jpeg
    bozos.jpeg
    183.2 KB · Views: 39

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bozos never really were a crazy bright Zoa it was just editing in the original picture from Big R, they are just huge melters and slow growers which is why you don’t see them. The Cali kid ones which kinda still remind me of those look like LC anti matters which grow like weeds but are nice. The tentacles can change on zoas in flow and lighting I have some that change all the time it’s not a big deal. Was this an eBay auction?

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bozos never really were a crazy bright Zoa it was just editing in the original picture from Big R, they are just huge melters and slow growers which is why you don’t see them. The Cali kid ones which kinda still remind me of those look like LC anti matters which grow like weeds but are nice. The tentacles can change on zoas in flow and lighting I have some that change all the time it’s not a big deal. Was this an eBay auction?
Mine had the rainbow colors that I posted. But that was under a blue lights with whites tuned down some. No filters or image editing on my pics. I'd say the second pic is what mine looked like when I first got them. That first pic doesn't.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back