Bozo's

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay, so I got mine in and luckily they survived the 2 day shipping delay! I have them acclimating at the bottom of tank. I am starting to feel I got ripped and am about to replace them. The tentacles look like shooters pic(sorry) but not very colorful! Its a dull purple and short almost colorless tentacles. I dont see the rainbow striping!

Could this be because of the shipping delay? Did all of your come in after shipping with all the rainbow colors? I have only had it about 6 days. It opened immediately so it didint seem the delayed shipping got to it!

Attaching a pic of what they were supposed to be! The auction wasnt a wysiwyg so even though this person has 10 years of good feedback maybe he lied! He never takes the time to sell wysiwyg though because he is always selling the same stuff! I dont see them anywhere else he could have got these pics from if not taken himself before they were fragged because I don't see them online anywhere!

I also found another person selling them too! Are any of you selling them?
One more question Do you need a macro shot with blues to see all those colors? am I being to hasty and should I i wait? if so what should I do to get those gorgeous colors? Right now its the ugliest zoa in my tank!

first pic is what I was suppose to receive second is one I may buy. I'll try to get my hubby to take a pic of what I have when blues come on! I dont know how to download pics to here from my camera! LOL
Second pic looks like mine did when I first got them
Second pic never looked like. My posted pics were with blue heavy, whites on but tuned down. No editing or filter on my camera, and as true to visual appearance as I could get.

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bozos never really were a crazy bright Zoa it was just editing in the original picture from Big R, they are just huge melters and slow growers which is why you don’t see them. The Cali kid ones which kinda still remind me of those look like LC anti matters which grow like weeds but are nice. The tentacles can change on zoas in flow and lighting I have some that change all the time it’s not a big deal. Was this an eBay auction?
Yep it was! I should have insisted on a pic of the actual zoa being it wasnt a wysiwyg! I was about to replace them but I think it makes more sense to wait! The person was making me a good pack deal though with a magic carpet and a rainbow chalice and a few zoas! I attached a pic of his. What do you think of his?

I would never sell anything that is in question thats for sure and would always provide a WYSIWYG pic! You know its funny because I saw someone selling antimatters on here and I thought it looked like what I have! It probably is!

The thing I dont get is there are people on this post that said they put out 3 polyps a month! Either his is an antimatter (which it didint look like) or that is considered slow to you! To me its fast!

I wrote this yesterday but for got to send. They seem to be coloring up a little more now so maybe they are the real deal! Its been a week and wondering if I should move them up a little higher! I do know that some of my zoas downlow are no where near as bright and the ones up high! Hopefully they will color up more the higher they go!

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Second pic looks like mine did when I first got them
Second pic never looked like. My posted pics were with blue heavy, whites on but tuned down. No editing or filter on my camera, and as true to visual appearance as I could get.
I am confused! You said the second pic looked like your but then you said it didnt. Did yours ever look lik e the first pic I posted because that is what I supposedly got! I dont see any pics on here that look like the first pic because my first pic seems to have much shorter tentacles!

I am really confused as to what they are supposed to look like! for instance 305 reefers pics look to have very redish tentacles. Then polyp addict posted a pic of some he got from 305 and they look closest to the real deal of all of them!

Will the real bozo Please stand up! LOL Attaching pics of all the various ones I googled and how different they look

263043-bozo colony.jpg

Last edited:

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep it was! I should have insisted on a pic of the actual zoa being it wasnt a wysiwyg! I was about to replace them but I think it makes more sense to wait! The person was making me a good pack deal though with a magic carpet and a rainbow chalice and a few zoas! I attached a pic of his. What do you think of his?

I would never sell anything that is in question thats for sure and would always provide a WYSIWYG pic! You know its funny because I saw someone selling antimatters on here and I thought it looked like what I have! It probably is!

The thing I dont get is there are people on this post that said they put out 3 polyps a month! Either his is an antimatter (which it didint look like) or that is considered slow to you! To me its fast!

I wrote this yesterday but for got to send. They seem to be coloring up a little more now so maybe they are the real deal! Its been a week and wondering if I should move them up a little higher! I do know that some of my zoas downlow are no where near as bright and the ones up high! Hopefully they will color up more the higher they go!
I had mine at the bottom, getting about 200 par. Moving them up seemed to tick them off in my system.

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am attaching the various one. It wouldn't allow me on last post

pi2 2 is from the person I was considering buying from and looks like most of the pics I see when I google bozo and looks a lot like pi1 which is a google. pic 3 is the one I bought but from the seller pic 5 and 6 is cali kids pic 9 is what new york reef aquatics is currently selling for 229 a polyp! pic 10 is big r's version
They are all so different and none looks anything like big rs pic!

Attachments

• flip sea bozo.jpg
    flip sea bozo.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 31
  • download (6).jpg
    download (6).jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 38
  • dsc0232_600.jpg
    dsc0232_600.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 43
  • 263043-bozo colony.jpg
    263043-bozo colony.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 34
  • cali kid.jpg
    cali kid.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 42
  • download (4).jpg
    download (4).jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 37
  • download (3).jpg
    download (3).jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 40
  • 20190402161128_2.JPG
    20190402161128_2.JPG
    314.8 KB · Views: 34
  • ny bozo.jpg
    ny bozo.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 38
  • big r bozo.jpg
    big r bozo.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 50

TangGang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just so you know the 7th picture there is a colony of CK soul sucker that’s why it looks so different.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am attaching the various one. It wouldn't allow me on last post

pi2 2 is from the person I was considering buying from and looks like most of the pics I see when I google bozo and looks a lot like pi1 which is a google. pic 3 is the one I bought but from the seller pic 5 and 6 is cali kids pic 9 is what new york reef aquatics is currently selling for 229 a polyp! pic 10 is big r's version
They are all so different and none looks anything like big rs pic!
The cali kid and big r are from the same strain. Cali bought theirs from big r. Right before I bought mine.

Big r lost his colony.
Cali lost theirs.
Then I lost mine.

Some of those others are attempting to use the name in my opinion for other strains to cash in.

I bought mine at about 500.00 per polyp. Same as Cali, they bought many more then I did though lol.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In all honesty I've not seen any vendor have them since that first release. On that release cali and myself bought all that were made avaliable.

If anyone else has the real big r. Then they have kept them hidden.

Does cali have some currently available? Maybe they found a new source. If so I'd definitely get them for myself.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh! I have frags of strats coming too! I never heard of fragging underwater but dont want to loose my prize bozo's! Thanks for sharing! Sorry that happened! That really sucks! Corals are almost like our animals! It hurts when they die! Not nearly as much but its still upsetting!
Have you posted a picture of the strats in a thread yet? I would love to see them? Were they the ones from the CK live sale?

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you posted a picture of the strats in a thread yet? I would love to see them? Were they the ones from the CK live sale?
Nope! Are we speaking stratospheres or stratocasters? I have stratocasters
In all honesty I've not seen any vendor have them since that first release. On that release cali and myself bought all that were made avaliable.

If anyone else has the real big r. Then they have kept them hidden.

Does cali have some currently available? Maybe they found a new source. If so I'd definitely get them for myself.
Cali does have them on their website cut to order @399 per polyp YIKES attaching pic nyrd has them for 229 but looks like animatter to me.
Camaro show says calis are fake and are also antimatters. They look pretty legit to me and its hard to say since br's pic was so saturated and probably edited as well!

Cali kid scare me to order from! I hate to sling mud but the worst delivery ever! I spent over 1 k on corals and they actually made me pay for 2 shipping fees saying there wasnt enough room then they put most of them in one box and one or two in the other! They could have easily fit them all together!

Eighty perecnt died, only softies made it and made my tank crash because I was trying to save them! They were more then likely releasing toxins while dying! I should have just thrown them away! The worst packing job I have ever seen! Didint have cups or anything protecting heads of torches ect. Half the bags were half full of water! I don't know if they leaked or what! They promised me a credit for a lot of it but havnt tried to collect because I purchased from ebay auctions! I think they might have got kicked off! They dont have feedback open for public to see which is very wierd to me! Its also a pretty low score at that! One thing I will say is they upsized a lot of them.

I am going to take a pic and add what they sold as a torch! I think it might be a hammer! Miraculously it survived but one is dying now(they actually sent two) I think I moved it up to fast to its spot after it feel and was in the sand a few days!

Attachments

• cali kid bozo.jpg
    cali kid bozo.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 36
  • nyra bozo.jpg
    nyra bozo.jpg
    516.9 KB · Views: 37

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking stratospheres. You mentioned CK so thought you might have bought the one they had on their live sale. There was a actually a vendor at the frag swap I went to this past weekend. First one I had seen in person since they were first introduced many years ago.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking stratospheres. You mentioned CK so thought you might have bought the one they had on their live sale. There was a actually a vendor at the frag swap I went to this past weekend. First one I had seen in person since they were first introduced many years ago.
My want to put o.g. strats as I see a lot of people read stratosphere and comprehend stratocaster lol

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Cali does have them on their website cut to order @399 per polyp YIKES attaching pic nyrd has them for 229 but looks like animatter to me.
Camaro show says calis are fake and are also antimatters. They look pretty legit to me and its hard to say since br's pic was so saturated and probably edited as well!

Cali kid scare me to order from! I hate to sling mud but the worst delivery ever! I spent over 1 k on corals and they actually made me pay for 2 shipping fees saying there wasnt enough room then they put most of them in one box and one or two in the other! They could have easily fit them all together!

Eighty perecnt died, only softies made it and made my tank crash because I was trying to save them! They were more then likely releasing toxins while dying! I should have just thrown them away! The worst packing job I have ever seen! Didint have cups or anything protecting heads of torches ect. Half the bags were half full of water! I don't know if they leaked or what! They promised me a credit for a lot of it but havnt tried to collect because I purchased from ebay auctions! I think they might have got kicked off! They dont have feedback open for public to see which is very wierd to me! Its also a pretty low score at that! One thing I will say is they upsized a lot of them.

I am going to take a pic and add what they sold as a torch! I think it might be a hammer! Miraculously it survived but one is dying now(they actually sent two) I think I moved it up to fast to its spot after it feel and was in the sand a few days!
The second pic does not look like the o.g bozos bday.
Probably something else, completely different strain.

I didnt know cali was ever on ebay. A lot of vendors are moving away from eBay due to increased taxes,fees ect.

Moray_SC17

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The CK bozos are LC antimatters that were renamed as a cash grab. The last person in the nation to have BigR Bozo's was Albert Manduca. He lost them and now they are gone.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The CK bozos are LC antimatters that were renamed as a cash grab. The last person in the nation to have BigR Bozo's was Albert Manduca. He lost them and now they are gone.
That may not be the case. There may be 1 more person....

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The second pic does not look like the o.g bozos bday.
Probably something else, completely different strain.

I didnt know cali was ever on ebay. A lot of vendors are moving away from eBay due to increased taxes,fees ect.
They sure were! There stuff went dirt cheap too! Most of the corals I got from them died! Caused my tank to crash trying to save them! Thank God I didnt loose my og bounce I got from them! It was in a different tank but I think I got it for 200 or so! crazy cheap! Only ones that survived were softies! I got a dead pool I still have too and some zoas like frankies and lsoh and pink diamonds!
I was going to buy some from someone else since I suppose I dont have the real deal! So I guess I would just be throwing my money away and get the same thing! Mine look nothing like Big r that hey were sold as but I also read that it takes a while for the true colors to come in! Maybe the ones that I am looking at are more mature because they do look different then mine so either they are the real deal or it takes a while for the fakes to develop as well!

Moray_SC17

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They sure were! There stuff went dirt cheap too! Most of the corals I got from them died! Caused my tank to crash trying to save them! Thank God I didnt loose my og bounce I got from them! It was in a different tank but I think I got it for 200 or so! crazy cheap! Only ones that survived were softies! I got a dead pool I still have too and some zoas like frankies and lsoh and pink diamonds!

I was going to buy some from someone else since I suppose I dont have the real deal! So I guess I would just be throwing my money away and get the same thing! Mine look nothing like Big r that hey were sold as but I also read that it takes a while for the true colors to come in! Maybe the ones that I am looking at are more mature because they do look different then mine so either they are the real deal or it takes a while for the fakes to develop as well!
Ive had the "ck bozos" since they were released almost more than a year I've put frags under varying levels of spectrum, par and flow and they look identical to antimatters in all instances and have never got close to the big r bozos. Hate to say it but your exact rational is the way they're able to make bank on a polyp thats retail 40 to 60 bucks.

I've been able to find the ultimate space monster, godbeast, night furys and am one of two people left in the nation with deadpool strats. This is in no way a flex but rather to illustrate I collect zoas very seriously and I have dedicated an insane amount of time tracking down the rarest of the rare. Based on searching for the last almost two years and speaking with the sources I was able to get the other zoas through - the big r bozos are extinct. Unless you see a picture that's identical don't let anyone take advantage of you.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back