Bracket problem

  • Thread starter Thread starter radkison
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

radkison

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 22, 2025
Messages
9
Reaction score
1
Location
biloxi ms
What state or country do you live in
Mississippi
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I bought 2 new Radion XR30
Lights and 2 RMS brackets. However I did not consider how littler room we have behind the tank to the wall. Just not white enough to twist the tightening screw and unfortunately this bracket does not allow the screw to be reversed to the inside of the tank. I have a rimless tank and I want them mounted to the back. Is there another bracket that may work?
20260728_204140_03898313-F557-44A3-8FA3-775FECA7225B.png
 
I had this issue with my first tank, the mounting screws that come with most mounts are quite long.

I figured out the threadsize and got much shorter hex bolts that managed to work.

Likely only other option, and best long term, is to drain the tank and move it about 4 inches from the wall. You'll want this space to do things anyway.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new