Bradlas Intro

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi welcome to the reef going to love it here!!
lots of fun/info/fun/help/fun....

scdigby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome.jpg

OP
OP
Bradlas

Bradlas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the warm welcome. For anyone willing to help give advice I am greatful. Unfortunately, I do not have a good reef store within about two hours from me so finding people to help is tough. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

I am having some trouble with PO4 in my RODI water. I have a 4 stage system. I have tested the water straight off the RODI and get a reading of .2 using an API test. I have noticed algea in my aquarium appearing unexpectedly over the past two weeks. I changed out the sediment, carbon, and DI resin filters hoping to fix the issue since they were about a year old. Still I am finding PO4. One thing I have noticed is that my DI Resin chamber only fills to like an inch. Is this normal or could it be the issue? Also, my TDs reads 0 (not sure if it will detect PO4). I am debating on ordering a new RO Membrane since it is also a year old. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi ,post pic of di canister and whole unit,lets go from there ;)

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
1st when changing di ,as running stand there,keep loosining and tightening "burping " air out 2" at a time until top when closing final ,lil bit overspill to assure air is out :cool: can you send wider pic of unit ,is there second monitor out of pic on left?
for tds in and out of membrane:)

OP
OP
Bradlas

Bradlas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1st when changing di ,as running stand there,keep loosining and tightening "burping " air out 2" at a time until top when closing final ,lil bit overspill to assure air is out :cool: can you send wider pic of unit ,is there second monitor out of pic on left?
for tds in and out of membrane:)

Yes there are two monitors. One is the in and one is out. Typically my water comes in at around 26 ppm and the outlet is 0. I will try that for sure. Thanks!

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
sounds like water is excellent before !!,can you post pic of monitor ,just to be sure :)

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Evening and welcome to reef2reef

Something may be blocked or not plumbed correctly. Quick few questions if that is ok.

When you swapped cartridges did you unhook any of the lines? I am not familiar with that model, but usually you unhook the output line after the caron block to flush the carbon dust so it does not flow into the next chamber. Your pressure gauge looks good, but to be sure does your unit have a flush valve you may have left open by accident? Just some thoughts.

1600637619458.gif

OP
OP
Bradlas

Bradlas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Evening and welcome to reef2reef

Something may be blocked or not plumbed correctly. Quick few questions if that is ok.

When you swapped cartridges did you unhook any of the lines? I am not familiar with that model, but usually you unhook the output line after the caron block to flush the carbon dust so it does not flow into the next chamber. Your pressure gauge looks good, but to be sure does your unit have a flush valve you may have left open by accident? Just some thoughts.

1600637619458.gif

Thanks the the reply, it does have a flush valve. I did not move any ofthe lines at all. I did not know that you should/could flush the carbon line to get rid of the dust but I could totally see that being a possible issue. The pressure valve and everything works great. I may try flushing out some carbon and see if that is possibly a cause. Thanks!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 22 84.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 7.7%
Back