Brain Corals

Twink_w_a_Reef

Just a twink and his reef
View Badges
Joined
Jun 17, 2019
Messages
2,390
Reaction score
5,756
Location
ATL BAYBAYYY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is you guys' experience with Brain Corals such as Platygyra? My tank is kind of a 'dirty water' system and at the moment I've got mostly gorgonians, some zoanthids, mushrooms that are thriving, a duncan, and a montipora. Are brain corals demanding? Are they an easy coral to keep or are they hard to care for? Can they live in dirtier water?
 
hi,mod light,mod flow,watch for sweepers :)
 
they will like that tank just feed em well for quick growth.
 
I love mine. Easy to maintain. High light, moderate flow, not too much flow. I put mine too close together, but the sweepers haven’t hurt the other yet. Not exactly quick growers, but cool looking nonetheless...
ab631ed9-2232-4188-9c17-288bfdb4c491-jpeg.1618590
 
How is you guys' experience with Brain Corals such as Platygyra? My tank is kind of a 'dirty water' system and at the moment I've got mostly gorgonians, some zoanthids, mushrooms that are thriving, a duncan, and a montipora. Are brain corals demanding? Are they an easy coral to keep or are they hard to care for? Can they live in dirtier water?

EAEC8AFA-2D8E-4DFF-9E02-364AA469AC95.jpeg
 
these are the sweepers that do the damage ;)
WP_20210118_02_58_23_Pro.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new