Branching gsp?

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 4, 2020
Messages
1,946
Reaction score
1,251
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got a big chunk of gsp that started out as a tiny 0.5” sized peice I pulled off a zoa frag. It’s starting to grow “branches” or bug tubes off the purple mat and getting super long. Is this the branching variety? First GSP I’ve ever had. Always avoided it like the plague but I really wanted the zoa lol.

1A0E4F00-0FA8-4906-B867-B7C106DBCFB4.jpeg 7D1F1CBB-6C4C-45CE-84C5-297B7DADDDA1.jpeg
 
Mine has places where it has reached 4 or 5 inches off the rock.
 
you have to take a picture when its closed up to see if its the branching type. Keep it off the main rock and that way it doesn't take over your tank, I have mine growing on the sand
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new