Branching translucent hitchhikers on live rock

Michael Hughes

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 27, 2024
Messages
489
Reaction score
652
Location
Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any ideas what these are? Very small and mostly translucent, so this is the best photo I could get.

1000035293.jpg
 
Any ideas what these are? Very small and mostly translucent, so this is the best photo I could get.

1000035293.jpg
Great photo! I believe these hiked in from the TBS farm? In an effort to document various Live Rock hikers would you mind sharing the photo with us, as well as monitor these - noting if they increase or decrease? From our knowledge, they eventually disappear. Not sure if that is because of a sampling shrimp or lack of nutrition.
 
Great photo! I believe these hiked in from the TBS farm? In an effort to document various Live Rock hikers would you mind sharing the photo with us, as well as monitor these - noting if they increase or decrease? From our knowledge, they eventually disappear. Not sure if that is because of a sampling shrimp or lack of nutrition.
Thanks! Yes, I'd be happy to share it with you. Just sent it via PM. These did come in on TBS rock along with some great corals, macroalgae, and other cool stuff. I very much appreciate what you guys do and I'm happy to support you!

I only noticed them once and snapped a quick photo. I was holding the rock at the time - it was the only way to get a decent look at them due to the lack of contrast. I'll take a closer look when lights are on this weekend to see if any are left. They are truly tiny.

Could be zanclea hydroids.
Thanks for the ID!
 
You may already know but in case not, you can (right)click the post# located at the top-right of every post and copy a direct link to a post. (That thread is amazing, BTW.....the fact that you seem to have what's in every post memorized is also amazing. LOL)
The app doesn't forward you to the correct post sometimes so I include the page and post number in my message very often. The link is the direct link to the post so it should work in a browser though 😊
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new