Brand new 75 gallin build

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marineland 75 g reef ready tank. Got the egg crate down and also using egg grate for lids. Waiting on the lifereef skimmer and sump then the transfer will be happening from there . Also still need to level it out. Did it myself already but I have some gaps at some spots that isn't being supported. So will have to fill those in as good as possible. Egg crate will be covered by sand. 40 to 50 pounds of sand.

15787127725664737608228199001781.jpg

T_BONE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a pretty good start. Be sure and keep us updated on the progress. What’s your plans for livestock or have you planned that far ahead?

OP
OP
sergifed91

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotcha. Didn’t notice that but I see it now. Duh..... :rolleyes:
No biggy. Transferring kole tang, blue spotted puffer, 2 fake clowns, purple file fish and a banded bony with its little paired shrimp. Going to start li ater today removing part of the sand to clean it. Fiance is gone for 60 days
So just going to throw some in a pasta drainer and run it under the bath faucet til its clean then store that in a 5 gallon bucket til I get the lifereef skimmer and sump. Did a leak test of the tank. Haed a hard time getting the pipes straight and really hard time getting the bulk heads on tight. I know it would be easier to get new sand but if I can reuse the old sand with a simple cleaning. So why not.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No biggy. Transferring kole tang, blue spotted puffer, 2 fake clowns, purple file fish and a banded bony with its little paired shrimp. Going to start li ater today removing part of the sand to clean it. Fiance is gone for 60 days
So just going to throw some in a pasta drainer and run it under the bath faucet til its clean then store that in a 5 gallon bucket til I get the lifereef skimmer and sump. Did a leak test of the tank. Haed a hard time getting the pipes straight and really hard time getting the bulk heads on tight. I know it would be easier to get new sand but if I can reuse the old sand with a simple cleaning. So why not.
that gave me a chuckle. :cool:

vhoang2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had that tank for freshwater - didnt know they had marine version. Did it come predrilled for the plumbing at that left corner?

Back