Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually remember that MTV debut. Countdown at all. I was 4ish and every day my sisters who were 9-12 years older than me watched it non-stop.
Yes I watched it all day long and I felt like I was on crack. Not that I know what crack feels like just an example. Totally new then

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now your making me feel old.
Haha! Remember the first time you heard “your music” on the oldies channel?? Think I was about 25 at the time and thought the world was coming to an end!
Granted if it wasn't rap it went to oldies or classic stations pretty quick in those years.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha! Remember the first time you heard “your music” on the oldies channel?? Think I was about 25 at the time and thought the world was coming to an end!
Granted if it wasn't rap it went to oldies or classic stations pretty quick in those years.
Most of my music has always been on the oldie channel. I grew up with the 60s and 70s and never left it. In the 90s I was listening to the doors, jimi, johny cash, Bob Dylan, bee gees, beetles and the list goes on. I mixed in some new stuff but mostly oldies.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No body wants to see a 60yr old getting down to snoop or eminem. Old folks home full off people trying to get down to rap.

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ill listen to pretty anything but older country. The last 20 years have brought it more into Country Rock Vs that classic twang. Not a huge Rap/R&B fan but some of that I consider groundbreaking too. The late 80’s to mid/late 90’s stuff I guess. Otherwise Im a zeppelin, Stones, Hendrix, Who kinda guy. U2 was the band i heard on the oldies channel and was heartbroken since they were still cranking out amazing albums at that point.

First concert was Aerosmith.
Favorite Show ever was the Van Halen Carnel Knowledge tour followed closely by Rage Against the Machine in a smaller 4ish K venue.
The Beastie Boys on the first or 2nd Lalapalooza tour was incredible. Saw them a bunch over the years.

And the loudest is a toss up between AC/DC and Motley Cru. Loved both shows but my brain was scrambled eggs for a couple of days afterward.

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I actually remember that MTV debut. Countdown at all. I was 4ish and every day my sisters who were 9-12 years older than me watched it non-stop.
Spent the night with a girlfriend that had cable just to watch the launch! She had older brothers too. Was the VJ Martha Quinn?

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And *Sammy Hager asked me to get him some coke when he was the headliner with the Boston pops 4th of July one year! Was working security behind the stage. That was hysterically funny.

*Was David Lee Roth actually.

Last edited:

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spent the night with a girlfriend that had cable just to watch the launch! She had older brothers too. Was the VJ Martha Quinn?
She was one of the originals. They all made an appearance on the debut I think. I dont remember much more than actual countdown.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ill listen to pretty anything but older country. The last 20 years have brought it more into Country Rock Vs that classic twang. Not a huge Rap/R&B fan but some of that I consider groundbreaking too. The late 80’s to mid/late 90’s stuff I guess. Otherwise Im a zeppelin, Stones, Hendrix, Who kinda guy. U2 was the band i heard on the oldies channel and was heartbroken since they were still cranking out amazing albums at that point.

First concert was Aerosmith.
Favorite Show ever was the Van Halen Carnel Knowledge tour followed closely by Rage Against the Machine in a smaller 4ish K venue.
The Beastie Boys on the first or 2nd Lalapalooza tour was incredible. Saw them a bunch over the years.

And the loudest is a toss up between AC/DC and Motley Cru. Loved both shows but my brain was scrambled eggs for a couple of days afterward.
Great taste in music.

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 26 16.1%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 68 42.2%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 22 13.7%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 35 21.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.2%
Back