Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of my music has always been on the oldie channel. I grew up with the 60s and 70s and never left it. In the 90s I was listening to the doors, jimi, johny cash, Bob Dylan, bee gees, beetles and the list goes on. I mixed in some new stuff but mostly oldies.
I didn't really get into Johny Cash or the Beatles until I was a little older 30’s probably but like them both.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll let others way in. I dont have an anemone.
nothingtoadd.gif

I have never attempted to keep an anemone. Just never really wanted one wandering around stinging corals. So, I am no help here.

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha! Remember the first time you heard “your music” on the oldies channel?? Think I was about 25 at the time and thought the world was coming to an end!
Granted if it wasn't rap it went to oldies or classic stations pretty quick in those years.
Worse I remember hearing a song I liked in an elevator.....

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Katrina, I think your light will be fine. BTAs do well in around 200 PAR. Mine is about that. They do not need the higher light of say an H. magnifica as you likely know. Your corals and RFAs are all healthy and happy. Put the anemone up top as you originally said with your lights. Plan B can still be Andrew’s tank. Changing the light to something more powerful would be a variable that would affect everything in the tank. If you do it, though, start low and acclimate slow.

Last edited:

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was a typical girl back then. I was a pop fan. Duran Duran. Saw them 4 times. Fun memories, but my taste in music became edgier.
Edgier like what? I am so curious.

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One other thing, you can borrow my Seneye if you need a PAR meter. I can send it cheap, regular mail and you can send it back whenever. It is one of those things I love to have, but only actually need it rarely.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She was one of the originals. They all made an appearance on the debut I think. I dont remember much more than actual countdown.
Anyone remember downtown Julia Brown. Heee

Forget about the fish. Poor fish

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw the Beatles first US TV appearance on the Ed Sullivan Show in 1964. I was 9. They turned the music world upside down and no one in my lifetime has even come close to creating the kind of pandemonium they did when they arrived on the scene. It was insane. They were so much different than anything out there and actually introduced many Americans to music we already had here, like Chuck Berry and Little Richard.

I also saw the first MTV broadcast when I was in my early 20s and liked it for a short time. Watching music videos is not like listening to great audio tracks. Audio of your favorite songs will hold up to obsessive listening. No way I can watch the same video over and over.

What I do miss, is real FM radio. The kind that grew from the late 60's and early 70s. Anyone remember a radio program out of Arkansas, called Beaker Street? Late at night, that station would crank the power to where their station covered a massive area. I would say that is not even legal these days. They were the first station that I recall that played album tracks, even long ones like In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida - all 17 minutes of it. And Steppenwolf's scandalous song (very tame by today's standards), "The Pusher." We had a great station here in town KGRA - Nova 104. Man, that was the best.

And to illustrate how old I am, this is a weekly "Top 40 Survey" that I still have from June 1969. You could pick these up at the local record shop - something else I miss. :)

KLOU.jpg

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 43 40.6%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 16 15.1%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 23 21.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.8%
Back