Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just fell asleep early :) We had a light shower a little while ago. It is still on track to make landfall close to 100+ miles away from us to the east. Around 7am, I think. We are really in as good a place as there is to be for a close call. Looking like it will reach Cat1 by morning. That carries a minimum of 75mph sustained winds. Storms rotate counter clockwise, so storm surge, the brunt of the wind and tornadoes come off of the northeast quadrant of the storm. We will be on the southwest side. We are expecting some wind out of the north, possibly 30-40mph. Maybe 5-8 inches of rain over 2 days where we are. Thanks for the concern, but we should be fine.

Latest map:

Barry-7-12-19.JPG

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just fell asleep early :) We had a light shower a little while ago. It is still on track to make landfall close to 100+ miles away from us to the east. Around 7am, I think. We are really in as good a place as there is to be for a close call. Looking like it will reach Cat1 by morning. That carries a minimum of 75mph sustained winds. Storms rotate counter clockwise, so storm surge, the brunt of the wind and tornadoes come off of the northeast quadrant of the storm. We will be on the southwest side. We are expecting some wind out of the north, possibly 30-40mph. Maybe 5-8 inches of rain over 2 days where we are. Thanks for the concern, but we should be fine.

Latest map:

Barry-7-12-19.JPG
Thanks for the update, brother. Glad you are well and hope it continues well for all down there.

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Latest map:

Barry-7-12-19.JPG
Aye, that nor'east side be a doosie of a ride. Glad ye be on the less ornery side o' that storm.

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

12gallonsofhex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm working on a little discipline plan for hippie kid today. We had a mouth issue yesterday. Ever had that beyond furious moment?
I have a 10 year old stepdaughter. My wife has raised her to speak up for herself and ask lots of questions. All that to say; yes, i know what you are talking about. Lol.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problem I'm seeing, its its gonna stall over LA for 2 days and dump rain on an already flooded river. Then continue it's way north, dumping more rain into the Mississippi.
Not good but we need some rain in central IL. Its been in the 88-98 for the last 4 weeks only trace amounts of rain

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not good but we need some rain in central IL. Its been in the 88-98 for the last 4 weeks only trace amounts of rain
Yea, we did that in May. My grass was brown. It's all nice and green now and WONT STOP GROWING. It's still in the upper 90s, but we have rain now so my grass isnt burnt like it normally is this time of the year.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problem I'm seeing, its its gonna stall over LA for 2 days and dump rain on an already flooded river. Then continue it's way north, dumping more rain into the Mississippi.
I did read earlier this evening that the river had already crested at just below 17’ and they didn't expect additional rainfall to be as big of a problem as they once thought in New Orleans. Hope they are right. That was on WWL’s Facebook page (NOLA radio).

It does feel a little weird outside now. Some low fast moving clouds and some gusts of wind. No more rain yet though.

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did read earlier this evening that the river had already crested at just below 17’ and they didn't expect additional rainfall to be as big of a problem as they once thought in New Orleans. Hope they are right. That was on WWL’s Facebook page (NOLA radio).

It does feel a little weird outside now. Some low fast moving clouds and some gusts of wind. No more rain yet though.
I love how the air feels before a big storm. The bigger the storm the better it feels. I know it means a storm is coming, and storms are bad... but all my joints just feel decompressed.

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me and the wife saw “Crawl” today at the movies. I think I’m steering clear of gator country for awhile, lol.
Hahaha, haven't seen the movie, but we got some big ones around here. They mostly just lay there, waiting for you to get close. They're ambush predators, so if you see one you're pretty much safe as long as you dont walk up to it. They don't chase much... It's the one you don't see, just under the water, waiting for you to step in that you need to worry about.

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did I mention we are gonna drag a magnet in the river in Florida and dig for fossils too? Maybe we'll see the movie after that! Well, provided I don't get eaten.
If you hook one side of a car a battery to that magnet, and then hook the other side to a rod sticking in the water....

Nvm, dont do that. Florida Fish and Wildlife wont like that too much.

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you hook one side of a car a battery to that magnet, and then hook the other side to a rod sticking in the water....

Nvm, dont do that. Florida Fish and Wildlife wont like that too much.
My brother used dynamite he found in a pond once. Yes, I said that he FOUND. I'm sure it wasn't sweating and totally stable.

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Who leaves dynamite laying around, and why haven't I found any?
A company illegally dumping chemicals. We jokingly called it the acid pond because no vegatation would grow around it. Little did we know until barrels floated up. Yet, there were fish, turtles, and frogs.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 40.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 39 35.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back