OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I could see you speeding around in this. Red hair flying all over the place. :)
1979_MG_MGB_White_Jim_H_000.jpg
Oh Fin!!! That brought back so many memories. Thank you!

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First car was a '73 Chevelle SS. Bought it at 15.5 with the money I made while caddying. Started caddying at 12. Many, many cars since then. I've never tried to make a list but @Fin may have started something.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First car was a '73 Chevelle SS. Bought it at 15.5 with the money I made while caddying. Started caddying at 12. Many, many cars since then. I've never tried to make a list but @Fin may have started something.
NIce! That is one that I wish I would have had. Cars were reasonably priced back then. My T/A cost $5,500 new - and it was still in limited production. It would have been a little more if it would have had a 455SD, instead of the stock 455. Not that there was anything wrong with the 455. :)

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have driven a couple of those...like I stole them! It's ok, I had permission.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Chevelles were awesome cars. I think Chevy should do a new throwback design of them, like they did with the Camaro and Ford with the Mustang. I bet they would sell a ton of them. Timeless design. I saved this pic that I ran across on my phone of one a couple years ago. Has to be one of my favorite pics if any car.

3ADA2637-A03C-4890-8B39-6574162B1EC0.jpeg

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The Chevelles were awesome cars. I think Chevy should do a new throwback design of them, like they did with the Camaro and Ford with the Mustang. I bet they would sell a ton of them. Timeless design. I saved this pic that I ran across on my phone of one a couple years ago. Has to be one of my favorite pics if any car.

Agreed!

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been 4 hours without power now, whatever happened must've been spectacular. I watched the transformer in my yard throw a huge firebolt of purple flame multiple times with a sound like it was from Frankenstein, watching as the powercord connected to it is running to the roof of my house just over my head at the door that I'm watching all this happen from. Lol magnificent purple fire Sparks. What an afternoon. Well it started cloudy and was 79 but supposed to be 90+ degrees at 330 sun broke through and it continuously warmed up to 92 and at 5 it got dark out, street lights on dark green skies, wind picking up, and then the sky let loose. 60-80mph straight line winds, rain so hard I couldn't see 50ft. After all said and done it looks like a bomb went off in my yard then the sun came out and baked everything for an hour or two before going down. The power is out and it's super humid here. On the plus side the heatwave is going to miss us at least for the next 7-10 days the highest temp will be 80 or so.

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's been 4 hours without power now, whatever happened must've been spectacular. I watched the transformer in my yard throw a huge firebolt of purple flame multiple times with a sound like it was from Frankenstein, watching as the powercord connected to it is running to the roof of my house just over my head at the door that I'm watching all this happen from. Lol magnificent purple fire Sparks. What an afternoon. Well it started cloudy and was 79 but supposed to be 90+ degrees at 330 sun broke through and it continuously warmed up to 92 and at 5 it got dark out, street lights on dark green skies, wind picking up, and then the sky let loose. 60-80mph straight line winds, rain so hard I couldn't see 50ft. After all said and done it looks like a bomb went off in my yard then the sun came out and baked everything for an hour or two before going down. The power is out and it's super humid here. On the plus side the heatwave is going to miss us at least for the next 7-10 days the highest temp will be 80 or so.
Weird. I've always been warned about green skies. Apparently common with tornados?

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weird. I've always been warned about green skies. Apparently common with tornados?
Seen green skies nothing good follows. Would not surprise me that a tornado was in the area

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My girlfriend has two that couldn't be farther from what you just said. You literally have to leave the room or they won't eat. Watch them from the door where they cant see you ir they dart into the rocks.

I've had 2 coral beauties I tried to add in with my fish. My clowns destroyed both of them in hours. One I saved but later succumbed to a velvet outbreak. The other was so badly beaten up before I could catch it, it didn't make but a short time in QT.

*shrugs* I just dont see the aggression in dwarf Angel's. They are some of the most talked up aggressive fish, and all I see are wussys.
Lol, true dwarfs. The pygmies. The 2" blue and yellow ones. Smaller than the African flameback or Brazilian fireball (another cheerful character)

They are ......

Yes, Some of the rarer dwarf angels are very shy and difficult to keep. Potters, rusty, and the really rare ones.

Adult flames and any size true pygmies are not in that category.
[emoji6]

It like saying all dog breeds are identical in temperament and size.
[emoji23]

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seen green skies nothing good follows. Would not surprise me that a tornado was in the area
I'm thinking the same, maybe lucky and just straight line winds. I have an aspen tree that looks like a bomb went off in the top, branches and huge limbs spread from my house to the neighbor's. Yea @Katrina71 green skies run for cover.
My grandpa used to say something along the lines of "red skies east green skies west your chances are best."

12gallonsofhex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW - my understanding is this is a possibility using a reef pi. However, in order to accomplish this type functionality, one has to know how to code in Go or Python to load the cycles specific to their region so that the ramping/dimming would be automatic. On the other hand, controlling lights through PWM and daily ramping/dimming with reef pi on-board scheduling is something that many reef pi builders/users do regularly.
I really want to play with reef-pi. The building part seems fun, but the programming sounds horrible. I remember programming in my old TI-89 calculator for trig? Calculus? Either way, mind numbing. But still, it would be awesome to diy a controller.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

My dad use to have one exactly like that! Same color and stripes and all! It was his favorite car of all time. I hope they do a throwback that would be awesome.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really want to play with reef-pi. The building part seems fun, but the programming sounds horrible. I remember programming in my old TI-89 calculator for trig? Calculus? Either way, mind numbing. But still, it would be awesome to diy a controller.
I agree. I loved building desktop computers back in the day, gaming rigs. Seems kinda similar. I know nothing about coding.

I’m imagining it being 2:45am, error messages, and electrocution burns on my fingers. Possibly some tears and confused bystander cats.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 51 40.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 27.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back