Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

Musovski

Soft Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will get a pic over the next few days once it has settled. :)
Sounds good. I went to this LFS in jersey yesterday, found a nice finger leather that was about the size of a watermelon, i helped this dude get it for real cheap cause the lfs had it labelled as a "LPS Long Polyp". It had a price of $300, the dude got it for $45. I really love LFS' but some of them should not exist... i know that sounds mean but geeezzzz

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds good. I went to this LFS in jersey yesterday, found a nice finger leather that was about the size of a watermelon, i helped this dude get it for real cheap cause the lfs had it labelled as a "LPS Long Polyp". It had a price of $300, the dude got it for $45. I really love LFS' but some of them should not exist... i know that sounds mean but geeezzzz

Exactly, I like (mostly, expensive mistake on my part) to live in the real world, not rare frags but healthy frags, nice work! :)

Musovski

Soft Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly, I like (mostly, expensive mistake on my part) to live in the real world, not rare frags but healthy frags, nice work! :)
exactly, i prefer the $10 brown frags over the $500 efflo or the $400 2 polyp frag of a zoa.
Because 1) when you nurse them back to health not only are you happy with yourself but you might have gotten some gem.

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have we heard from @tdlawdo at all??? I often worry about folks in Vegas that don’t check in at least once every 48 hours... Something tells me he’s now a rich man that knows he’ll need to finance all of our new builds if he lets the cat out of the bag ;)

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have we heard from @tdlawdo at all??? I often worry about folks in Vegas that don’t check in at least once every 48 hours... Something tells me he’s now a rich man that knows he’ll need to finance all of our new builds if he lets the cat out of the bag ;)

Haha!! Sitting on the plane after two cancellations a few diversion to refuel replaned outside of first class (seems like a rip off) and trying to catch up. I am richer only in experiences after this trip which is the best kind. But if I hit it big I would def finance the builds for this group. There are a couple of 48 hour blocks of time that seem somehow to be missing over this past few days.

Last edited:

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha!! Sitting on the pain after two cancellations a few diversion to refuel replaned outside of first class (seems like a rip off) and trying to catch up. I am richer only in experiences after this trip which is the best kind. But if I hit it big I would def finance the builds for this group. There are a couple of 48 blocks of time that seem somehow to be missing over this past few days.
Sounds about right... LoL... At least you didn’t miss your flight which I may or may not have managed to do twice!!

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with t5 hybrid. Ive got two t5 and one led. The led does a lot but the shimmer is amazing. The t5 gives you the saturation. Both make the tank amazing.

Good to hear you had a good time.

A bonus the heat wave is over. Rain on the way and temps will drop in to the upper fifties Monday night. Thankgoodnes. I came close to falling out Wednesday. I was definitely dehydrated.

Last edited:

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought it as a finger leather, I really should look these things up!
Expanding well this morning, I will hopefully get an awake pic later! :)

DSC_0115 (1024x715).jpg
that really looks like mine.
IMG_20190715_215205578.jpg

45$ for a large leather would be nice. Baseball size is 40-55. 250-300 for a watermelon size

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can say one thing about the new tank...flow. This will be something much more turbulent in the 60. I don't want dead spots. I'm not quite sure how challenging it will be in the wide, shallow tank.
Shallow wide tanks like my 80g frag is really easy to get good flow. I had bought 2 icecap gyre 1k's and only can use one so if you need one it's yours.
I'd like opinions. If I was going hybrid with lights...MH or T5 with led?
After all the data I have seen led with T5 is not only good but head and shoulders above most everything.
With the Noopsyche t5 hybrid hitting the market now things are going to get even better ;)
I have the 36in that I am taking around to show different shops and it is going to be a winner.

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like that the T5’s are hinged so you can angle towards the tank. My favorite feature by far!
That looks nice
I like what @dantimdad said about these fixtures "These will be a game changer" and the wings on the side make coverage adjustments easy while having the ability to have legs for those that don't want to hang it are a huge plus.
It is built like a tank

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back