Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Fin nice ding. Pretty cool. Wonder what the flow rate is
Depends on what size you get and what size pump you use.

The 3/4" Sea Swirl is rated for 850-950gph max, the 1" is 1600-1800gph, the 1½" up to 6500gph. I imagine the 1½" would be pretty hefty and would only be for large tanks. Like the video mentioned, you can also attach eductors to increase the flow rate 3x-4x.

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jebao DW Series Pump

1563759730018.jpeg

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep in mind that my tank is still dry, so I can't offer any actual experience with the Sea Swirls. They are just something I am trying.
Very cool. I’ve heard great things about them. I’ll check it out more in-depth :)

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could probably get rid of the powerheads if i did 2 return pumps and 2 of those sea swirls. That would look very clean
That is what I am doing. Two return pumps, each feeding a Sea Swirl at the back rear corners of the tank.

Double Pumper1.jpg

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few wavemakers not mentioned...

And this one from ReefBreeders. I think it may simply be a rebranded Jebao.

That octo pulse 4 looks nice. Very robust, in a good way. The reef breeders look good to, the price is right on them for sure. I’m just hesitant they won’t be as wide and strong of flow that I'm looking for, in comparison to a mp40. Anyone you know on here have either of those?

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 return pumps...would that require additional drilling? I'm not sure exactly how this would be set up. Do you have a link by chance?
I didn't drill any extra holes, since I am using the Sea Swirls, which clamp on to the side of the tank (special bracket is available for euro-bracing). I had two return holes drilled in the back of the tank, should I change my mind on the SeaSwirls after I get the tank going. Just going to plug the bulkheads up. If you go over the top, you also would not need any holes in the back of the tank. I have some pics at the end of my 125 build thread, but not sure you can really see how it is set up.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 34.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back