B703A82B-4D08-4527-89C2-3940B97D436B.jpeg
Still in the package

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a couple of posts edited, so I try to keep it filtered. There are children here - and a lot of them are us. :)

How do you know when something has been edited. I try super hard to follow the rules. There’s been a few times when I’ve said, sorry if this is crossing a line, but it’s too good To not say.

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you know when something has been edited. I try super hard to follow the rules. There’s been a few times when I’ve said, sorry if this is crossing a line, but it’s too good To not say.
I've been pm'd by a mod and told too far or post was removed or edited

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a couple of posts edited, so I try to keep it filtered. There are children here - and a lot of them are us. :)

Sometimes kids need to be protected from themselves

/\ LIFE LESSON!

I will say, I did appreciate the set up. :cool:

it took lots of behind the scene effort ;Bookworm ;Rage;Drowning

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took a screenshot of a post and kept the link because I knew it would be deleted or modded. And yep, they did. It was a mean post. And they made it a tad friendlier.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes stuff just disappears when a mod edits it. Sometimes they will PM you with why they took something down. I am familiar with how stuff works, since I am on an admin team for our state forum. Sometimes people will report your post if they find it offensive. That's what the little "Report" link is for at the bottom left of each post. Sometimes users disappear too and we don't want that to happen to you. :)

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

As someone who has had many a post "Edited" (Though I can't possibly see why ;Shifty;Bored) you will get a notification in the form of an alert saying your post has been moderated or deleted and the reasoning behind it. Also if the post remains it will say Edited by a moderator in the bottom corner of the post.

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took a screenshot of a post and kept the link because I knew it would be deleted or modded. And yep, they did. It was a mean post. And they made it a tad friendlier.
Hmmmm. I wonder if anything I’ve said had ever been edited. Though, I’m not sure I’m capable of being mean, per se.

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As someone who has had many a post "Edited" (Though I can't possibly see why ;Shifty;Bored) you will get a notification in the form of an alert saying your post has been moderated or deleted and the reasoning behind it. Also if the post remains it will say Edited by a moderator in the bottom corner of the post.
Oh... then I’m good! ;Happy

So far

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmmm. I wonder if anything I’ve said had ever been edited. Though, I’m not sure I’m capable of being mean, per se.
Doesn't have to be mean. I got reported for posting a Calvin peeing in a sump. Someone reported it - and it was in Sarah's thread that started out about a kid peeing in a sump. Ha! Believe me the mods don't really like doing that and sometimes they will discuss what to do about posts back channel.

Last edited:

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesn't have to be mean. I got reported for posting a Calvin peeing is a sump. Someone reported it - and it was in Sarah's thread that started out about a kid peeing in a sump. Ha! Believe me the mods don't really like doing that and sometimes they will discuss what to do about posts back channel.

Does anyone report by accident and/or do it as trolling?

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See the tape measure is ok AS LONG AS you don't mention a certain body part measuring contest

Ask me how I know . . .

Ask me if ive ever witnessed an actual body part measuring contest...

Hint... I have. ;Yuck

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone report by accident and/or do it as trolling?
In those huge threads when it becomes A vs B yes sometimes they do.
I've even reported someone for trolling in those threads.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back