Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning. I want to thank @Why-Me for making me realize how much we all need EACH OTHER. I'd much rather us continue Reefing together. This is cheaper than a therapist anyway. Can we do this?
I apologize for my part. Thank you for always supporting everyone with your skill and intuition.

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody seen plating algae

coralline-algae-joseph-knight-768x576.jpg
That looks nice.
Coralline depletes all and was told calcium

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I apologize for my part. Thank you for always supporting everyone with your skill and intuition.
I missed so many pages I think. I can’t keep up as well without Tapatalk it’s harder to follow my threads I watch and less updates. I’m learning .
@Katrina71 did you solve the lighting question?

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I missed so many pages I think. I can’t keep up as well without Tapatalk it’s harder to follow my threads I watch and less updates. I’m learning .
@Katrina71 did you solve the lighting question?
No, but working on it. I have some solid ideas and info.

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m no expert but I did just rent a par meter from BRS and checked the lights in my big tank and my biocube. I don’t have any complicated coral in the biocube but they are all doing so great the Duncan’s spreading the leather looks elegant as a Cinderella dress and the par was abysmal with the bulbs that come with it T-5 and the halides. They are old but the par was under 100 all over the tank. Now the big tank I got par readings from 150-200 in the sand to over 700 at the peaks and over 1700 at the water surface. I’m trying to make a pic of my tank with that numbers superimposed. Maybe I need to check pur instead.

Last edited:

TVV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ATO for 8 gal?

1. Circulation,
2. sufficient lighting,
3. filtration,
4. heater
5. testing kit and thermometer
6. RODI or Premixed SW
7. Proper Cycling and lots of patience...Oh and patience...Don't forget patience. Can't over stress patience.

Good luck and Welcome. All you need to know can be found here and if you have a LFS, use their knowledge. My suggestion is don't overspend on the exotic equipment and fancy products until you are established and sure your staying with this effort. AND, make sure that of the above list, you don't be afraid to buy the highest recommended products. any of them malfunctioning will KILL.

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m no expert but I did just rent a pat meter from BRS and checked the lights in my big tank and my biocube. I don’t have any complicated coral in the biocube but they are all doing so great the Duncan’s spreading the leather looks elegant as a Cinderella dress and the par was abysmal with the bulbs that come with it T-5 and the halides. They are old but the par was under 100 all over the tank. Now the big tank I got par readings from 150-200 in the sand to over 700 at the peaks and over 1700 at the water surface. I’m trying to make a pic of my tank with that numbers superimposed. Maybe I need to check pur instead.
How old is your MH bulb?

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 46 29.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 43 27.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 54 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.1%
Back