Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. All's well that ends well. Hopefully, though, the end is not near! Oh, and easy does it with that "love you" stuff. I wouldn't want anyone getting the right impression. ;)
Too late!! We all know @crusso1993 is a big luvable lug!

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, to be fair, I am currently dirty, have not shaven in a couple of days, frequently have a case of crack poking out when i bend over, and not the brightest. Lol!
Haha! Well self awareness is also often lacking in the new generation ...so cheers to all those that are able to be proud of the work they do, work hard because they have pride in their product and know that it’s not the formal book education or the privileges someone was afforded that make the man (Or woman)! I tell my students all the time to remember just because they were afforded the ability to go to medical school they darn sure better remember to treat each patient with respect and gratitude for being allowed the privilege to be allowed into their lives and know some of their most intimate details. It’s a wagon wheel and the patient better be the center around which they rotate not not any other way. Or else I will find out and come kick their behind back to earth...haha

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both sides have good points
I'll speak from the middle here
I will push my daughter to go to college, I know what it's like to literally break my back working hard manual labor my whole life and to work for a company that doesn't give a **** about you and then pushes you out the door once you're not useful to them anymore.
When my back went I was 30/31 years old and was making $12/hr.....in retrospect not worth it.
If I had gone to school I likely wouldn't have to go through vocational rehabilitation halfway through life. I have zero 401k zero retirement to speak of and starting all over at 37 years old. (I don't regret not going to college, just retrospective look)
At a young age I was taught the value of a dollar and that manual labor is the moving force that built this entire country; go get mine...I did that but broke myself as well. There's a fine line to balance. I mean we all can't be hard manual labor grunts. And we all can't be paper pushers or on the phones in an office building. Problem here is if my daughter stays here she will have zero future unless she wants to work at a gas station, walmart, subway or mc donalds.
Minneapolis & St. Paul are just an hour away with sooooooo many career opportunities for her/us.

That being said there's nothing wrong with being the bug guy or being the auto repairman or being a factory worker...whatever pays the bills, keeps food on the table and roof over the head is all that matters. I don't judge yall, my previous job was running an industrial gluing machine to make cabinet panels, table tops, mouldings that are made for menards, home depot, ashley furniture etc.
It's going to be so foreign to me being in an office setting, doing sedentary work from now on, and for more $$ than I was making breaking my back.
Also isn't it a parents' job to strive for their kids to do better than they did?...progression/evolution.
Well said!! Your daughter is in good hands!!! Amen

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does Coraline deplete alk and calcium? Woke my poor nem

IMG_20190826_231940521.jpg IMG_20190826_231018269.jpg

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 49 25.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 62 32.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.1%
Back