Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suppose there are no horror icons these days like there were back then. The old movies seem hokie to current day audiences that have been conditioned by more graphic violence and advanced film techniques. But make no mistake, when those movies were newly released to the audiences of the day, they were super scary - and not just to little kids.

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still like suspense over gore. Those movies were just enough to give you a chill.
I agree. I enjoy the edge of your seat movies and not the gore. We get enough of that on the nightly news nowadays. Hitchcock movies were the best at that. The Birds also left a mark on my young brain. Large groups of birds still freak me out. Ha!

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I agree. I enjoy the edge of your seat movies and not the gore. We get enough of that on the nightly news nowadays. Hitchcock movies were the best at that. The Birds also left a mark on my young brain. Large groups of birds still freak me out. Ha!
Had I seen that movie before all of those gulls flew in the hotel room as a kid...I would have freaked out!

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
F40BE14B-4B28-444E-B436-18A3CE83252C.png

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rod Sering's Twilight Zone and Night Gallery are favorites of mine. Not long ago I watched a couple of episodes of Night Gallery on YouTube.

Remember that the horror scene that scarred a generation was the shower scene in Psycho. There was nothing graphic about it, other than some blood (black newspaper ink in reality) swirling down the drain. Yet it was horrifying and was the most talked-about movie scene of its era.

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lon chaney. "Man of a thousand faces". 1920's the begining of horror.
I love all the grade b-d movies that I watched as a kid. Have most all of them now on dvd.
It drives the wife nuts as she thinks they are stupid. Same with my 18 year old daughter.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I loved the movie Birds. Watched that with the youth group. Arachnophobia was one that sent shivers when I walked home from watching that movie. It was late summer in Michigan. To get home one street had a row of trees that hung over the road. At each end of the row of trees stood a lamp post that dimly lit the row. The moon over head cast shadows through the branches and leaves. It was 0030 when I made that walk. Scared the crap out of me.

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it Is amazing how back then Serling, Hitchcock and Price, has franchises based wholly on suspense with little gore. Only for horror’s effect.
Yes so many goodies!! And I think Hitchcock always had a cameo! Love “the birds”

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 28 18.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 101 66.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.3%
Back