Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

JoshH

Tank Status: Drier than Fins... .... but clean!
View Badges
Reaction score
I just took out my to membrane. It's a aquafx 100 gpd tfc filter. I was wonder what would be a good replacement. That ro membrane is $50 thoughts.
Spectrapure 90GPD plus membrane, best on the market hands down. It's still more than $50 though..

Corals.com

motortrendz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Speaking of RO membranes, I have a 50gpd RO Buddie. It's terribly slow. Can I put a 100gpd membrane in it or would I need to upgrade the whole system?
Yes. You may have to swap the ro housing though. So if you got a whole ro membrane with the housing and just swapped it line for line itll work fine.

JoshH

Tank Status: Drier than Fins... .... but clean!
View Badges
Reaction score
Speaking of RO membranes, I have a 50gpd RO Buddie. It's terribly slow. Can I put a 100gpd membrane in it or would I need to upgrade the whole system?
I'll have to double check but I believe so, most RO "Canisters" are a standard size. You would need to purchase a new flow restrictor or use a flow valve to readjust the restriction after the membrane

sfin52

So many bugs so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Yes. You may have to swap the ro housing though. So if you got a whole ro membrane with the housing and just swapped it line for line itll work fine.
Agree but they have a restrictor on it. So that will need to be changed. I just set one up for my buddy. 50gpd is slow

Best reef aquarium LED lighting

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
The wife ordered some chewy toys from Chewy.com. She apparently ordered the wrong size. :p Cassie can’t really chew it, but does love carrying it around and hiding it. Maybe she will grow into it one day. Ha!

8C6D2961-8ED9-4F82-A272-1DFAF46C4BF0.jpeg

sfin52

So many bugs so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
I am whipping up a little gumbo this evening. We have plenty. Y’all come and get it! :)

4414C0B1-7820-4D74-8F9D-EA68DC6ECEF7.jpeg
I'm heading over

Eagle_Steve

To many tanks!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Are the venomous and what do you keep them with
Not sure if venomous or not. Lots of big teeth though lol. They are going through TTM/peroxide dips right now. Wife is in charge that this week, since I am in Boston. They will be going with the puffers when done. In the wild they share the same habitat with them. My dad has 4 in his 300 aggressive and those ones are peaceful, but can hold their own with a tusk, puffers, and tangs.

What's better food for you fish. A High Quality Frozen or High Quality Dry Food?

• High Quality Frozen

Votes: 205 76.2%
  • High Quality Dry

Votes: 45 16.7%
  • Other (please post in the thread)

Votes: 19 7.1%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
https://amongthereef.com/
Tunze