Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was told the skirt on the females are smooth and the males were bumpy. I'm calling bull. I have some with each kind of skirt spawning so...
Male will release sperm females will release eggs. Possible they are correct

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make
It's like humans. I worked in a maternity center. The full moon pull breaks water.
makes mental disorders worse. Dementia is always worse during full moons

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't think the females released eggs. They gestate the offspring internally and when they're sufficiently developed they spit out babies.
Ok. I thought it was all released into the water

12gallonsofhex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's see a FTS.
Its hard to see, i syphon them up pretty regularly. Here are some poor pics.
20191114_195438.jpg
20191114_195512.jpg
20191114_195519.jpg

12gallonsofhex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank looks pretty dang good to me!
Thanks, but that sand on the top is brand new live sand. Only a week old and its growing those brown dino spots. I just dont want it to explode into a tank teardown nuisance. There are so many legitimate treatments, its hard to decide which one to try next. My gut says pull the chaeto out of the sump, overfeed until the nutrients come up naturally, and then do a 3 day blackout while dosing bacteria.

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks, but that sand on the top is brand new live sand. Only a week old and its growing those brown dino spots. I just dont want it to explode into a tank teardown nuisance. There are so many legitimate treatments, its hard to decide which one to try next. My gut says pull the chaeto out of the sump, overfeed until the nutrients come up naturally, and then do a 3 day blackout while dosing bacteria.
Go with your gut! You know your tank.

Kimberely

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You sure it's not just diatoms from the silicate in the new sand? I added some sand a while back and I've been getting a light rust colored dust on my sand ever since. It's not slimy or bubbly like dinos though. And no sign of dinos under a microscope.

12gallonsofhex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You sure it's not just diatoms from the silicate in the new sand? I added some sand a while back and I've been getting a light rust colored dust on my sand ever since. It's not slimy or bubbly like dinos though. And no sign of dinos under a microscope.
Yeah, i did the microscope thing last night. It looks like anphydinium (sp?)
20191113_212222.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back