Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not many things that could go with a mudskipper right?

To me, they are species tanks.

Although my son did a really cool sloped 20 long that was mudskippers and figure 8 puffers a few years back.

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want

1574355086864.png

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This video just popped up on my Facebook memories... 3 years ago now, right @Katrina71

Music is odd, not sure I would have put any music to it.

The most shameful part to me, it was started by a cop's son.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
BUTTONS!!!!!!!!!

I think it would actually lead to the end of the world as we know it!

Ahhh attempting to get your crown back I see? ;Smuggrin

I'll have a look at it, but I really don't need to be spending anymore money :p
Think of the relaxation it will provide. It might SAVE you money with therapy.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So just tested my tank an hour after dosing .0375ppm of phosphate. My phosphate levels were .006 which hints at the rock binding a whopping .03ppm of phosphate per hour....

I'm going to have to purchase a doser.

How long has your tank been setup?

I don't believe in dosing phophate or nitrate. These things should be had naturally. There is only so much that the rock will bind while dosing then, all of a sudden, it will dump it. You will have much wailing and gnashing of teeth when this happens.

Patience is key to a natural balance. Those who advocate ripping it apart and going to war with dinos, etc. are just incredibly impatient. Been doing this for 30 years and have almost always found that time heals all wounds so to speak when it comes to ugly stuff.

Now, aptasia and diseases are another story altogether.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok all of you s santas, I'm lost like a Easter egg. I signed up for elfster and the the s santa on r2r. Is there a group on elfster than I need to join as well?

I'm just trying to free up @Santa Claus for more important issues. He has way too many kids to worry about.

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I don't believe in dosing phophate or nitrate. These things should be had naturally. There is only so much that the rock will bind while dosing then, all of a sudden, it will dump it. You will have much wailing and gnashing of teeth when this happens.

Patience is key to a natural balance. Those who advocate ripping it apart and going to war with dinos, etc. are just incredibly impatient. Been doing this for 30 years and have almost always found that time heals all wounds so to speak when it comes to ugly stuff.

I would prefer not to dose phosphate but won't allow my tank to run on 0 phosphate for extended periods. I'm also going through dino right now as I was not able to figure out what was absorbing all of the phosphate in time.

My rock is binding basically all of the phosphate that enter my tank immediately. This is true for substances with calcium carbonate.

This tank has been set up with water for 2 months, holding livestock for about a month.

As much as I'd like to be patient with dino, it can wipe a tank pretty quick. I've battled it before and don't want to lose another frag to it again.

I test phosphate every day so will hopefully be able to detect the day my rock becomes fully bound. Until then, I need to provide at least some measurable level of phosphate for my corals to continue to grow and establish the algae hierarchy in my system. Can't allow dino to grow unfettered.

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I'd rather have aptasia, bryopsis, bubble algae, and zoa nudis (don't like zoas) all at the same time rather than have dino again.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd rather have aptasia, bryopsis, bubble algae, and zoa nudis (don't like zoas) all at the same time rather than have dino again.
What phosphate product are you dosing with.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back