Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do any of y’all mess up your flow, try to fix it, make it worse, and spend 3 hours never getting it remotely close to what it was?
Every time I’ve ever changed my flow :rolleyes:

what’s worse is that you have to leave it for a few days to see if your corals actually don’t like it, or are just responding to the change in their environment.

I need to like color mark my pumps with my tank and take a bunch of pics so I can always get it lined up right again.

Flow is the one thing that drives me absolute bonkers! Makes me never want to clean my pumps.

I actually use my mag float to strategically adjust/finesse my flow. I leave a little bit of algae aground it so I know where to put it back.

Last edited:

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every time I’ve ever changed my flow :rolleyes:

what’s worse is that you have to leave it for a few days to see if your corals actually don’t like it, or are just responding to the change in their environment.

I actually use my mag float to strategically adjust/finesse my flow. I leave a little bit of algae aground it so I know where to put it back.

That's what I've done too but it's always the way it's pointing as well. Drives me crazy because if the two opposing flows converge it just causes everything to go crazy.

You just have to sit there, slightly tweak it, spot check every single coral to make sure it's getting the same flow it's always had and restart every time something is off.

I also think this stupid ow 25 on else mode doesn't accept lower speed inputs.

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what I've done too but it's always the way it's pointing as well. Drives me crazy because if the two opposing flows converge it just causes everything to go crazy.

You just have to sit there, slightly tweak it, spot check every single coral to make sure it's getting the same flow it's always had and restart every time something is off.

I also think this stupid ow 25 on else mode doesn't accept lower speed inputs.
I have 2 returns that only adjust their direction, it could be worse!

Last edited:

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do any of y’all mess up your flow, try to fix it, make it worse, and spend 3 hours never getting it remotely close to what it was?
I cant even remember what I have my power heads set to. I have one Gyre 3k that's on a program. It's on 10% at night, I know that. During the day I have different flow patterns it goes thru. The two RP-Ms on the back are in "Reef Mode" at 100% I think. I do know they dont have a program set and just stay in reef mode. As long as stuff is swaying gently I dont worry with it too much.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant even remember what I have my power heads set to. I have one Gyre 3k that's on a program. It's on 10% at night, I know that. During the day I have different flow patterns it goes thru. The two RP-Ms on the back are in "Reef Mode" at 100% I think. I do know they dont have a program set and just stay in reef mode. As long as stuff is swaying gently I dont worry with it too much.
Why 10% at night? Seems that is when a lot of coral feed.

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I need to like color mark my pumps with my tank and take a bunch of pics so I can always get it lined up right again.

Flow is the one thing that drives me absolute bonkers! Makes me never want to clean my pumps.
Same

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back