Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed this morning that the trachy looked very much like a acan feeding when I stirred up the tank.

So similar to Acans I might actually be able to keep one alive one day :D

Ever had a really bad day or feel really bad, and the tank makes it all go away?

Lately no, but in the past, absolutely.

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any of you guys running a tank with no filtration system ?
I've thought of setting up a Walstad method planted tank... but never a reef. Planted reef maybe? Always wanted a display refugium with a bunch of pretty macros.

I have a problem with wanting too many aquariums. I need one of every kind. I have a betta tank, planted tank, nano rock nem tank, FOWLR, mixed reef... I've been holding myself back from setting up my 35 cube as a BTA and clownfish tank. A few months ago I was looking into setting up a discus tank...

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya know what gripes me? All of the contests require social media of some sort now. The only way I can ever possibly get my dream tank!!! Rant over.
You can make a throwaway Twitter acc and complete a large portion of those things. That contest is a blatant personal information grab.

anon9896

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've thought of setting up a Walstad method planted tank... but never a reef. Planted reef maybe? Always wanted a display refugium with a bunch of pretty macros.

I have a problem with wanting too many aquariums. I need one of every kind. I have a betta tank, planted tank, nano rock nem tank, FOWLR, mixed reef... I've been holding myself back from setting up my 35 cube as a BTA and clownfish tank. A few months ago I was looking into setting up a discus tank...
Well .. thats what I run, but add to that a DSB , filtration is completely done by macros and the sand base ... I call it the I dont care tank ... surprisingly everything grows amazingly in there ... I have a pavona some shrooms and softies ... Im thinking to put a piece of acro to see how it goes

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one with and one without filtration , thats why im asking.
Id like to know someone else like me lol
I’ve seen a thread before with a couple people using a light, heater, and powerhead, but I think it was coral only, maybe some inverts.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any of you guys running a tank with no filtration system ?
One of the most amazing small reefs I've seen was a 40B with 2 power heads, a heater, and an ATO. Full blown SPS. There are pictures of it somewhere on R2R but I can't find them anymore.

I'm tempted to set up something similar with a 55g.

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well .. thats what I run, but add to that a DSB , filtration is completely done by macros and the sand base ... I call it the I dont care tank ... surprisingly everything grows amazingly in there ... I have a pavona some shrooms and softies ... Im thinking to put a piece of acro to see how it goes
Pics or it ain't so! :)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 148 88.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back