Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You mean the big ones ?
I've seen some bloom for the small ones!
I dont know how they reproduce, I would think they need at least 2 specimen of the same family but thats only a guess

They seem to be growing in numbers in my tank. I don’t mind them. Maybe my new wrasse will help.

I’ve heard mccoskers are worthless though and only good at being pretty.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@sebaseau

Silicone will bond to acrylic and will work find for baffles.

It’s just not the strongest bond.

Use momentive rtv 108 and it will hold great.

What I read is that silicon doesnt adhere to acrylic...

Acrylic, silicone and glass can all work together. Acrylic, however, absorbs water which causes it to expand. There are cases where acrylic was used for baffles, cut to fit very tight, absorbed water, expanded and broke the glass of the sump.

anon9896

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Acrylic, silicone and glass can all work together. Acrylic, however, absorbs water which causes it to expand. There are cases where acrylic was used for baffles, cut to fit very tight, absorbed water, expanded and broke the glass of the sump.
Omg lol well I dont think this will apply to me , its only facing one side to my tank

anon9896

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This section is apart ... gsp and yellow polyps both become invasive ....
20191220_091132.jpg

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It’s possible.

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my little tank, but there is some coralline in the left rounded corner that is a nightmare.
I use an old credit card in mine that works great, won’t scratch but fits great against the rounded edge and cleans everything off nicely.

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My euphilia is closed. Was opening this am and now it’s not. Hmm. Wonder if it’s too much light maybe? Mayhaps I should move it. I like it up front though.
What color is it/what species? I have a green branching hammer that gets a LOT of light and loves it, my purple branching hammer likes less light.

Last edited:

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My euphilia is closed. Was opening this am and now it’s not. Hmm. Wonder if it’s too much light maybe? Mayhaps I should move it. I like it up front though.

My euphyllias seem to always get stressed over like nothing. They can be hard to diagnose. I've almost given up trying to keep them happy at all times.

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What color is it/what species? I have a green branching hammer that gets a LOT of light and loves it, my purple branching hammer likes less light.
Was sold to me as a frammer. I do t n ow enough about these things to be certain. I’ll get pics of now and show pics of when it’s not being a moody brat

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 37 63.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.2%
Back