Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This has been a crazy winter for us... we've maybe had a handful of actual cold days. The rest of the time is been in the 70s. I've been wearing just a tshirt during the day and a light coat at night. Heck it was 80 on Monday, I had the windows open and left the back door open so the dogs could run around.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same here. Some stuff is starting to bloom here. This plant in our back yard is usually just dormant branches this time of year.

553FE3ED-CCF0-4012-A2EC-0512C01F6E30.jpeg

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I see he is an endangered species. A 90% decline in population in some areas. I'm going to assume pollution plays a role due to his diet.

fabutahoun

Angels and Acros
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see he is an endangered species. A 90% decline in population in some areas. I'm going to assume pollution plays a role due to his diet.

Over fishing also, can easily reach to 2 meters. And full of meat.

I have seen few spearguners bragging about fishing them and eating them in the red sea. So sad

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BREAKING: Exciting video from Pirate's Reef sump! I was getting a little cyano in my sump and my chaetomorpha was lethargically laying there growing, but had some brown spots. I needed more water movement for both issues. I have purchased two sets of small pumps to try to fix this, but they were either too strong or too noisy. Then I remembered I already had these tiny Aquarium Specialties Micro-Jet pumps. I have had them for years and don't even remember what i used them for. They work perfect for added flow in the refugium part of the sump (without stirring up my MIracle Mud) and gently move the chaetomorpha from side to side. They are also dead silent. The pumps run alternately, using the APEX. Exciting sump video!! LOL! I like this being retired stuff! :)

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
BREAKING: Exciting video from Pirate's Reef sump! I was getting a little cyano in my sump and my chaetomorpha was lethargically laying there growing, but had some brown spots. I needed more water movement for both issues. I have purchased two sets of small pumps to try to fix this, but they were either too strong or too noisy. Then I remembered I already had these tiny Aquarium Specialties Micro-Jet pumps. I have had them for years and don't even remember what i used them for. They work perfect for added flow in the refugium part of the sump (without stirring up my MIracle Mud) and gently move the chaetomorpha from side to side. They are also dead silent. The pumps run alternately, using the APEX. Exciting sump video!! LOL! I like this being retired stuff! :)

Wow! @JoshH I think Fin is in the lead now!

Knightwolf1.025

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is an ato? Told ya I'm brand new.
Automatic top off. It’s a thing that adds distilled or reverse osmosis water to the tank as it evaporates. If you decide to go without one you may have to add water one or more times a day. Also I was wondering if you have any rock in your tank and if it is currently cycling water?

Last edited:

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 34 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back