Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my Weirdo. This is 12" below an SB Reeflight at 50% in one of my temp tanks. He reaches like that no matter where he is.

20181208_165430.jpg
We have a tank full of weirdos, they take turns stretching and retracting. I have Katrina's trained to stay in one place. They haven't moved at all.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Luckily if things do get worse they have multiple tanks set up to help figure it out. It is tough to keep a mixed reef of course, especially in a small tank. I did everything I could in my tank to create a spot for the anemone and since I placed him he has stayed right there (knocks wood). If he ever moved anywhere else I would be in trouble.

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious if yours likes a bit more flow also?
He doesnt seem to care really. Have tried really high flow in hopes he’d move and he didnt. In this lower flow tank he stays put too. Almost makes me feel like the rock he finally chose is the more important thing. Pulled him from the Reefer when I broke it down attached to this same rock.

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
He doesnt seem to care really. Have tried really high flow in hopes he’d move and he didnt. In this lower flow tank he stays put too. Almost makes me feel like the rock he finally chose is the more important thing. Pulled him from the Reefer when I broke it down attached to this same rock.
You may be onto something. His foot is attached to the same rock as when he came out the front.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got everything done. Tree and stockings are up. The little reef tree in Andrew's room too. My little guys are curious about the tree lights. I guess they get excited for Santa too!

Our fish seemed perplexed too. Maybe it was all of the activity in their room. My daughter and I were laying in the fish room tonight with the night blues from the tank in one corner and the colored tree lights diagonal from them. The room was just beautiful.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 93 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.3%
Back