Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny you asked I really don’t know. Some wrasse for sure but not sure what ones. I would like a group of Anthias but not sure about keeping them happy
So leaning towards a good size system then? 75+?

isufishtank

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! I just started a new 20g tank and I would highly recommend live rock and live sand as well as AquaClear HoB filters. I've got three AquaClear's and just ordered a fourth and have never had problems with any of them. Macroalgae is definitely the way to go and will make maintenance easier and the tank much more stable, they act much like a skimmer. I also have a UV sterilizer and I don't recommend them unless you're having a real algae problem (ps: they won't hurt macroalgae). An ATO is also a great investment to keep maintenance down, however I find that a tight lid on small aquariums prevents most evaporation (I only top my tank off ~once a week). As far as livestock goes, I'd be weary of adding anything other than a very easy fish at first. While not the most colorful, tailspot blennies or some small gobies make a great first fish. You could also try any kind of firefish: they are very colorful and stay relatively small, plus are cheap and easy to find. Note on the gobies: some are not easy to keep, especially the "sand sifters", so do your research. While a lot of the information you'll get is subjective, I can objectively tell you that you've come to the right place. Everyone here at R2R will be glad to help you and will lend years of experience. Always feel free to ask any question you might have, that's why we are here! Good luck with your tank and welcome to the hobby :)

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tagged you in his thread. Warning...he has lots of room for peer pressure
He’s been following along over there. And yes I am admittedly a very lazy reefer and totally susecptable to peer pressure!.

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh no. I meant you can stock his tank with naughty little Wrasse in no time flat.
Yeah, I never claimed to be the sharpest knife in the drawer but I figured it out. Will be loads of fun stocking that tank up!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
IMG_20190120_200004707.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back