Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

The previous owner had a separate fuge at one time. I'm betting it wasn't successful because the skimmer is so large it starved the macro. I will probably scale that skimmer down.
 
I might have to use a 2.5 gallon fuge so I can fit an ATO reservoir in there. Either way, I'd like it all to match and be easily accessible.

I think the ATO reservoir should be as big as possible. Maybe have 1-1.5 gallons of evaporation a day.

 
I might have to use a 2.5 gallon fuge so I can fit an ATO reservoir in there. Either way, I'd like it all to match and be easily accessible.

You're putting the cart way before the horse. A fuge is something you won't need for a long, long time, and in my experience it does way more harm than good. Everybody I've convinced to ditch their chaeto has admitted their tanks have never looked better.

Nutrients are pretty much the only thing I don't believe is up to interpretation or debate. Lowering nutrients = bad. Most people should be dosing them higher.
 
I was thinking about a 10 gallon tank for my reservoir. With a glass top.
That should last a week at least. Good. I do not know your space constrains, but how are you considering the refugium? How stand alone is it?

 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new