OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The previous owner had a separate fuge at one time. I'm betting it wasn't successful because the skimmer is so large it starved the macro. I will probably scale that skimmer down.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might have to use a 2.5 gallon fuge so I can fit an ATO reservoir in there. Either way, I'd like it all to match and be easily accessible.

I think the ATO reservoir should be as big as possible. Maybe have 1-1.5 gallons of evaporation a day.

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might have to use a 2.5 gallon fuge so I can fit an ATO reservoir in there. Either way, I'd like it all to match and be easily accessible.

You're putting the cart way before the horse. A fuge is something you won't need for a long, long time, and in my experience it does way more harm than good. Everybody I've convinced to ditch their chaeto has admitted their tanks have never looked better.

Nutrients are pretty much the only thing I don't believe is up to interpretation or debate. Lowering nutrients = bad. Most people should be dosing them higher.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking about a 10 gallon tank for my reservoir. With a glass top.
That should last a week at least. Good. I do not know your space constrains, but how are you considering the refugium? How stand alone is it?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 29.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 37.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back