Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Skimmer before here, @siggy 3 - 5 minutes a day, including feeding and manual dosing and top up of ro except when I have fill the oxydators them maybe 10 minutes! ;)

DSC_0005 (1024x637).jpg

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
morning everyone... im very sad today. my female clown has passed. today made 8 months with the pair. The male is still alive.
Bummer dude! I lost one of a pair, the little guy is lost now. BTW I only stop in when I have all day to Ketchup, But it seems that when I do you are loosing fish.;Inpain Have you done a Triton test or similar to determine if your water is good? You have some beautiful animals it would be a shame to see them disappear due to a bad piece of Rock.

Musovski

Soft Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bummer dude! I lost one of a pair, the little guy is lost now. BTW I only stop in when I have all day to Ketchup, But it seems that when I do you are loosing fish.;Inpain Have you done a Triton test or similar to determine if your water is good? You have some beautiful animals it would be a shame to see them disappear due to a bad piece of Rock.

Ive done a full test of my tank, not icp, with my LFS. Everything was in check even trace elements except calcium which was at 510. but its true, its like i lose a fish every week. All my tangs are fine. ive lost 1 wrasse due to jumping, 1 goby due to jumping (both happened in 24 hours).... and now i lose my female clown.. I might just have to invest in a ICP test.

Could it be too much of a bio-load?

Musovski

Soft Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stress ,agression , or maybe something in the tank going after fish. Time to break out the red light and observe the tank at 0 dark 30
hmm... Could the male have killed the female with aggression? Can there be something hiding in the rocks that will kill my fish?

Musovski

Soft Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont know your system But Learned the hard way that too many is a stresser . But you NY'ers live in sardine cans;Wideyed
upload_2019-2-12_12-28-24.jpeg
yeah.. we do. haha! Ill let the male live in his own for now. I might just go buy a wild occelaris from my LFS for $10 and introduce them soon. hopefully they pair with minimal aggression.

Musovski

Soft Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many fish and size and system info will help.
7 fish, 65 gallon tank plus 35 gallon sump. 100 pounds of live rock plus DSB in tank and sump.

tops are a must IMO @Musovski. Screen tops so it doesn't limit air exchange.
yeah.. i figured this out after the two fish jumped.... Now i know for any future build

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The sump must have lighting if not a kraken!

Sorry @Musovski I know that sucks.

@Katrina71 I will bring some stuff to light under the stand when I bring back your hood. If you want custom wire clips, let me know. I have to get out some for a very nice guy in STL when the new blue filament comes in so it's no problem printing you some if you want. Just let me know the color

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 117 78.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 11 7.3%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 20 13.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back