Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s going to be for a standard 10g then a biocube 14g how is it for sps. I’m getting it new for $200 from my lfs if I get it. The guy I’m mocking the biocube uses it for sps and his grow like weeds he does does but I will too. What is a better light at that price
Naw that's perfect. Overkill really.

This is the coral I'm trying to kill btw.
A little piece landed in the rock. And well, I have my Porites.
IMG_1928.JPG

mkutsch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s going to be for a standard 10g then a biocube 14g how is it for sps. I’m getting it new for $200 from my lfs if I get it. The guy I’m mocking the biocube uses it for sps and his grow like weeds he does does but I will too. What is a better light at that price
It's not that it's not powerful, I dunno. I just could never get a good spread enough for the high light acros I liked to keep, and still keep my other LPS and softies at the same values. I never had a good experience with the Prime HD. I do like Kessil 160 a lot more. But peaople like ReeferMadness80G had lots of success in a tank sized like yours. But hey, it's up to you. Though, my dislike could be coupled by the fact that I dropped it in my tank, what, like 2 times! ;Playful

Edit-I think it's overpriced, that's why I don't really like it. And I would not get the gooseneck.

mkutsch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ehhehh, I actually have played there. 4 times. With the cello.

Seriously. My brother has a (decent? Good? No idea) camera, the Canon Eos Rebel T6i DSLR camera.

mkutsch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No idea how to get saturation out, maybe a sheet of some sort, transparent orange?

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ehhehh, I actually have played there. 4 times. With the cello.

Seriously. My brother has a (decent? Good? No idea) camera, the Canon Eos Rebel T6i DSLR camera.
Hit the photo forum.

brett_schn

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not that it's not powerful, I dunno. I just could never get a good spread enough for the high light acros I liked to keep, and still keep my other LPS and softies at the same values. I never had a good experience with the Prime HD. I do like Kessil 160 a lot more. But peaople like ReeferMadness80G had lots of success in a tank sized like yours. But hey, it's up to you. Though, my dislike could be coupled by the fact that I dropped it in my tank, what, like 2 times! ;Playful

Edit-I think it's overpriced, that's why I don't really like it. And I would not get the gooseneck.

I chose the 14g biocube with sump because of reefermadness80g. I want the kessil but it’s too much with the controller and I found the ai prime hd for $185 shipped with hanging kit

Jisko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Andrew wants a brittle star. Would it be ok in ours? Maybe a tiny one?

If you live in the NY area I'd happily give you a micro brittle. I have white ones all over in my tank along with larger brittle stars that range from black to black with brown lines... in total I have at least 3-4 different kinds haha

Jisko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I chose the 14g biocube with sump because of reefermadness80g. I want the kessil but it’s too much with the controller and I found the ai prime hd for $185 shipped with hanging kit

Honestly I hate the kessil lighting because of the shadows it creates :\ I ordered a few Kessils a week ago for my 29g and I sent them back :\

mkutsch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not much you can do about shadowing of compact LEDs, apart from Radion's HEI lenses, which I'm lovin right now..
Tried my hand at a camera again, but when I tried to load em to the web, said they were too big.

mkutsch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately you cannot see the goldish hue on the tentacles of the torch, but its really awesome up close IRL.

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you live in the NY area I'd happily give you a micro brittle. I have white ones all over in my tank along with larger brittle stars that range from black to black with brown lines... in total I have at least 3-4 different kinds haha
Very kind. I'm in the South.

mkutsch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in CT, can I have any?

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 63 34.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 26.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 58 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back