Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. So I finally figured out my biocube has a slow leak from the bottom.. it’s been going on for over a month, I would add RODI to top off(don’t have ato on my BC), but my salinity keeps getting lower and lower. I now see salt creep mounding up from the bottom of the tank. I’m not sure how long I have until I have a disaster on my hands.. so I guess I’m in the market for a new tank! :confused:
People have mentioned planet aquariums on here and I checked out their site. The prices sure seem reasonable so I may do that. Any other options I should look into? My goal is to be able to reuse some existing stuff I have used on my 90 and upgraded, so I for sure do not want another AIO. I’d like to go a little bigger obviously than the 32 and better demensions. Any input is appreciated ;Cold
Planet Aquariums are excellent quality. They were formed when Oceanic Aquariums broke up and Oceanic was the gold standard for many years. I have had several Oceanics through the years. Look at their Diamante series of tanks / stands. Reef ready with Starphire glass. A good friend just got a 150 Diamante. Beautiful tank. You can’t buy directly from them though, so you will need to go through a LFS. Their web sute should list a dealer closest to you.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning guys. Sorry yesterday did not go as planned. I noticed blood in our cat's urine when I was cleaning her litter box. No wood. Vet bill instead. Luckily I was home and they could see her right away. The cat is not nice at the vet. I had to give her the shots while the vet directed. She bit the crap out of a tech trying to get her bladder sample. I did offer...
Sorry about the cat. Hope she gets better soon. Vet bills are not fun these days. Considering pet insurance for Cassie. Saber is a monster at the vet. Takes three people to restrain him for shots. Strong dog.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Idk, I’m checking out 40b threads but I haven’t seen any stands I’m in love with yet. I want enough space for a big enough sump to reuse my RO eSsence 130 skimmer. Lol.
I like the idea of not spending a lot of money on a mainstream brand display.
Petco has $1 gallon tanks right now.

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning guys. Sorry yesterday did not go as planned. I noticed blood in our cat's urine when I was cleaning her litter box. No wood. Vet bill instead. Luckily I was home and they could see her right away. The cat is not nice at the vet. I had to give her the shots while the vet directed. She bit the crap out of a tech trying to get her bladder sample. I did offer...

Sorry to hear that. Let me know if you have questions. Sick loved ones is always stressful. I was a Vet before I became a human doctor. So if ya need any guidance... plus I make house calls :). I haven’t had a brick and mortar office since 2008! I have many times delivered one of my Amish patients babies and then gone out to the barn and helped pull a calf. #oddlifeIlive

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Build one or buy one. Easy to build.

Wish I had built my own. No basement and I’m sick of crawling under the cabinet and trying to maneuver myself all the while banging my head off the shelf not doors [emoji35]

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry to hear that. Let me know if you have questions. Sick loved ones is always stressful. I was a Vet before I became a human doctor. So if ya need any guidance... plus I make house calls :). I haven’t had a brick and mortar office since 2008! I have many times delivered one of my Amish patients babies and then gone out to the barn and helped pull a calf. #oddlifeIlive
Thank you. Very kind.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish I had built my own. No basement and I’m sick of crawling under the cabinet and trying to maneuver myself all the while banging my head off the shelf not doors [emoji35]

Never too late to build your own stand!
Also, if you weren't so puffy from all those weights you lifted you'd fit in your current stand easier! Lol

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Lowell Lemon did you get that saw fixed

Took a day and a half off my production but yeah it is back better than ever. Amazing how good a tool is when you read the Directions!

It is an old Track Master XL that I use to cut parts for the CNC machine to profile and make sink cut outs. Put new a Bosch worm drive saw on the track and finally got the blade aligned with the track. New water jacket and feed and power cord. So I just rebuilt the whole thing with new parts. I have only had it about 12 years so I have made my money back several times.

Well I need to go get the rain gear on and spend the day polishing stone.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the insight guys. I’ll do some more research today. I’m most curious about some sort of 50 lagoon now and building a stand. And there’s a used trigger 36 on Craigslist here for $100, that would be pretty legit I feel. Quite a step up from faulty seal/cracked biocube, lol.
@dantimdad I have a friend coming in town I am supposed to “show around” today, so your frags will be sent out tomorrow or Monday if you don’t want to risk the weekend shipping delays. My bad brother!

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Speaking of which I’m in Chicago today at the gym and heading to Shedd tomorrow !!

If you've never been to Shedd, you're in for a nice treat. It's not my favorite public aquarium as that goes to Georgia Aquarium in downtown Atlanta. Shedd used to offer classes, back in the 90's and may still, on a variety of subjects. I took all the SW related ones. Some of the info I learned is still applicable even after 20+ years. Some of it has fallen by the wayside as many advancements have been made since then.

Have fun and don't pull a groin! (At the gym.)

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 101 44.1%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 77 33.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 37 16.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back