Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went to the LFS (your reef) after seeing a fb post about new frags and saw this fish. They may be fairly normal, but I have not noticed them in stores or in tank shots. It is very cool looking. (Not my photo)
FB_IMG_1558916796527.jpg
How much was it? Ive seen them here often but they are always over $200.

12gallonsofhex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much was it? Ive seen them here often but they are always over $200.
I didnt even look at the price. My tank is not big enough for even the smallest tang. I was just looking at cool fish I would like to get one day. Always dreaming bigger.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My next tank is going to be at least double the size of my 90 cube and a peninsula. A year in and I'm running out of room.
Same, my next will most likely be a 180. My dream tank would be like a 120x30x30; Ghost overflows, and a winning lottery ticket to properly light it. lol.

12gallonsofhex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are looking to buy a bigger house in the next 3-5 years and one of my need-to-haves is a spot big enough for an 8ft tank, preferably with a garage or room behind it. I may not go 8ft for a long time, but I do want the ability when i hit that big Lottery I dont play.

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heard mostly good. Only bad experience I heard may have just been a whiner but I can't be sure.
yea, I am just horrified of trying a new place so I will wait and see some more reviews. I have never ordered online before as the last time I did this I had the farm.

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
yea, I am just horrified of trying a new place so I will wait and see some more reviews. I have never ordered online before as the last time I did this I had the farm.
I have ordered from KP in Florida. I have never had a bad experience with them.

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, it is a Ctenochaetus which is the same genus as the kole and tomini, which are not nearly as aggressive as their cousins, the Acanthurus genus. Those include the powder blue and brown, Achilles, ect... usually those are the top bullies in a tank. The difference with the Chevron and other bristle tooth tangs is they get around a foot long, where most of the rest stay around half a foot.

I got my tang gang all at the same time same size same place and they get along fine and are all very utilitarian.
I have Achilles, powder blue and powder brown, the proverbial yellow, and Bristle tooth a white tail. They are so active and fun to watch.
I got them from Elliot Lim at marine collectors. You tell him the tank you have and what you like and he discusses over the phone a stocking plan. He then QT’s the fish and basically guarantees disease fish by the time you get it. He does combo of TTF and Mediation. Sent me vids of the little gang during the process. And I have been very impressed with the results.
I have no LFS nearby so I’m at the mercy of only online and while it costs a bit more I’ll go through him for any of my more expensive fish. Others I’ll QT myself if I buy at Live Aquaria or KP or Blue Zoo. Although in the past I’ve never had a problem with any of them either. But with this large tank I’ll only put in QT’d fish.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back