Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

The tank looks a little like the Black lagoon. Made major rookie mistakes in rock placement with regards to cleaning the glass. On a positive note, first water test looks good. Not there yet, but almost. Still gonna wait before adding anything live. Thanks for asking
 
Sometimes the best place for rock is against the glass. I have done it too. Still have it on my tank, nut upgrading to a bigger tank to remidy it. Lol
 
I moved it toward the middle a little. Not bad. I'm sure it will have it's dirty spots. I hope to get a motivated snail. Lol.
 
Anyone have suggestions on how to diffuse our circulator flow? 240gph is the smallest I have been able to find. I'm brand new, so if there is something smaller, let me know.
 
How strong is your out.p for you filtration system. Is it enough for flow
 
You have no idea how much your wisdom and support has been appreciated. It was better than Christmas Eve! He is glued to the tank.
 
Ok. Kinda curious. I think we have amphipods living in our tank. A bunch in our chaeto. They are brownish/clear. Is this good or bad? We only have blue leg crabs and 2 snails so far.
 
They are a good food source for a lot of fish. I am not sure I'd blue legs eat them or not. People try to get them in there tank and have a hard time
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new