Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

How about a martini?
IMG_4795.JPG
 
Ok. Yea. I did test everything was ok. I noticed tonight my new hornets look kinda ticked. So my salinity is now low. Like 1.024. why? I'm not sure. Can anybody explain please?
 
How are you topping off? Are you using a refractometer? The reading will change with temperature changes.
And that large a swing shouldn't be bad.

Tank temp will also change salinity as well.
 
How will temp change salinity? It has been hot the last few days. The tank is beside of a window.
 
Lol.
Don't sweat it. Probaly just the zoas messing with you.

Go have fun. I'll post stuff for ya to read later.
 
My dinner guest is a very old friend. She is laughing because I'm stressed. I actually even cooked. And thanks for the hand holding. Much appreciated.
 
No worries. It's probably nothing.

One of the only really good looking zoas I own(blue ones) have been messing with me for three days.
I took them out and punched them.



Ignore this till later.
In short, salinity is effected by density. As temperatures change water density changes ( molecules expand retract), and and the salts are basicly squeezed.

http://marinebio.org/oceans/temperature/

IMG_1941.PNG
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new