Brand New 8 gallon bio cube

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never understood why there was a rush to buy perishables when there is a very high risk you will lose power to keep said perishables from, perishing.
exactly my excuse for buying a BIG Yeti cooler

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to party with you.
Algonac State Park this weekend;)

images
images

upload_2019-7-12_6-49-35.jpeg

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, here is song I know NONE of you have heard. :) This is a friend of a friend's song (Out On the Salt), with a very close friend of mine (Skip Folse) singing the french part. A song about working offshore drilling rigs, dealing with storms and life in south Louisiana. Skip will be in for a little rough weather this weekend. A little Cajun music for you all this morning. :)

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some places expected to get up to 25" of rain! That ain't funny.
Get to high ground, we got 25" back in the 1000 year flood. Wasn't pretty and we're 260 some feet above sea level... low areas were under a foot or two, and roads completely washed out in other areas.

Eastern North Carolina almost washed out to sea when Florence came thru last year.

Stay high and dry @Fin.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here in CA it’s Tofu, soy milk, and Kale o_O
It's the pudding the legislators in California feed their colective heads with that is the biggest problem. I see they just signed a bill to let PG&E off the hook for killing 85 people and destroying close to 19000 homes. Leadership at its finest ...... a great example to the rest of the nation. Your fees are going up to pay for a new fund while PG&E gave out raises during its second bankruptcy! This is an example of how your legislature defends the little guy in your state! Remember them all in the next election cycle! Good luck with that. SMH

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, here is song I know NONE of you have heard. :) This is a friend of a friend's song (Out On the Salt), with a very close friend of mine (Skip Folse) singing the french part. A song about working offshore drilling rigs, dealing with storms and life in south Louisiana. Skip will be in for a little rough weather this weekend. A little Cajun music for you all this morning. :)

Dig this song! The singer sounds a bit like John Prine in his "80's" voice.

I started following Buckwheat Zydeco back in the mid-80's. He would perform on a semi-regular basis at a bar called Fitzgerald's in Berwyn, just outside of Chicago. They featured the not-so-usual bands and I loved going there. Through the years, they actually had a number of bands that made it mainstream. One thing I have yet to do is get to New Orleans for the Jazz and Heritage Festival. Speaking of jazz, I was cranking some of one of the best clarinetists ever just yesterday; Pete Fountain.

Some places expected to get up to 25" of rain! That ain't funny.

Man, that's not going to be something to take lightly. Are you going to head to higher ground?

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok y'all, I got new coffee yesterday. I've bought from these guys before, but I ran out so I ordered more. Got home this morning and couldnt stand it I had top make a cup... normally, coffee is like drinking water to me. This stuff... yea, I regret doing that when I'm trying to go to sleep.

I opened the "Just Black"
smooth and dark. Not bitter, but definitely not your mild cup of store bought coffee.

20190712_065329.jpg

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's the pudding the legislators in California feed their colective heads with that is the biggest problem. I see they just signed a bill to let PG&E off the hook for killing 85 people and destroying close to 19000 homes. Leadership at its finest ...... a great example to the rest of the nation. Your fees are going up to pay for a new fund while PG&E gave out raises during its second bankruptcy! This is an example of how your legislature defends the little guy in your state! Remember them all in the next election cycle! Good luck with that. SMH

This type of thing has been "business as usual" in Chicago for, well, forever. The sad part is the same people just keep electing the same type of people over and over and over. The IL gas tax was doubled this week. Chicago implemented another $1 a pack on cigarettes. Chicago also "reassessed" a lot of home properties. Many are seeing tax jumps of between 35%-55%, some higher, in one fell swoop. These are some of the reasons why IL is the state with the most people leaving for 4 years running now. Chicago is quickly following in the footsteps of Detroit. My lady and I cannot get out of here fast enough. Now, just to find a job elsewhere!

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok y'all, I got new coffee yesterday. I've bought from these guys before, but I ran out so I ordered more. Got home this morning and couldnt stand it I had top make a cup... normally, coffee is like drinking water to me. This stuff... yea, I regret doing that when I'm trying to go to sleep.

I opened the "Just Black"
smooth and dark. Not bitter, but definitely not your mild cup of store bought coffee.

20190712_065329.jpg

Hope you're on the upswing with the "bottom of the skimmer cup" feeling.

Good coffee is The Nectar of The Gods!

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope you're on the upswing with the "bottom of the skimmer cup" feeling.

Good coffee is The Nectar of The Gods!
I've just recently gotten into the coffee drinking. 'Nectar if the gods' I would reserve for sweet tea tho.

I am feeling a fair bit better today, thank you for asking.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 49.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 44 51.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 19 22.4%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.6%
Back